This decorative Halloween craft can be used as a treat bag, wall hanging or door hanger. Put together this Phyllis Dobbs festive craft in time for trick-or-treating and halloween decor.
Size: 6 ¾” x 9”
- Felt – Orange, black, lime green, yellow
- Large gold oval bead
- Green sequins or beads
- Coordinating threads
- Black beads
- 4 black pom poms
- Embroidery floss – grey and dark orange
- Jumbo green rick rack
1. Use pattern to cut cat face, pumpkin, leaf and stem section, eyes, ear pieces, nose and mouth.
2. Using the pattern and the photo as a guide, sew the leaf section to the top of the pumpkin with a
slip stitch. Sew the eyes, ear pieces, nose and mouth onto the cat or pumpkin pieces.
3. Sew green beads or sequins to the leaf section.
4. Using 4 strands of embroidery floss, embroider the cat’s whiskers with an outline stitch. With 4
strands of the dark orange floss, stitch the pumpkin lines with long running stitches.
5. Sew black pom poms on the eyes. Sew the large orange bead for the cat’s nose. Sew black
beads around the edge of the cat’s ears.
6. Arrange the cat behind the top edge of the pumpkin and sew together.
Using the cat and pumpkin unit as a pattern, cut a back the same shape from black or orange felt.
Align and pin edges and slip stitch the edges together, leaving the top edge of the cat open. Leave
the back off for a wall hanging or a door hanger.
Cut green rick rack 15” long. Sew ends behind the top of the cat next to the outside edges of the