Turn boring wine glasses into scary glasses perfect for a Halloween dinner party. The best part? These shrink charms are easy to remove and can be reused for next Halloween!
- Your stemmed glasses
- Blank shrink film
- circle template / with 2” circle
- (or the bottom of a glass the same size)
- 24 gauge black craft wire
- glass e-beads / brown, black, orange colors
- hole punch
- scissors (can be used on 24 gauge wire)
- simple Halloween clip art images
- Faber-Castell PITT Artist Brush Pen, black
- Faber-Castell GRIP 2001 pencil
option: use Faber-Castell Creative Studio Art GRIP Color Pencils in yellow, red, orange to add color to your shrink pieces
Making the charms
- Trace a 2” circle onto the shrink film using the GRIP pencil, fitting as many circles you can onto on sheet (check manufacturers instructions).
- Trace or draw your spooky images onto the shrink film.
- fill in the areas you would like black & trace around the circle with the PITT Artist Pen.
- Cut out your circles 1/8 of an inch from the edge.
- Punch a hole at the top of the design ¼ inch from the edge.
- Shrink according to the manufacturers instructions.
Making the charmed glasses
- Cut a length of wire 2 or more times the length of the stem of the glass.
- Curl one end into a spiral, feed the beads onto the wire, spiral the other end.
- Cut a 2-inch length of wire, spiral the wire thought the hole on the top of the charm, then onto the end of the spiral on one end of the length of beads.
- Twist the length of beads with the attached charm around the stem of a glass. Decide whether to have the charm dangle at the top of the stem or to rest at the base of the glass.