This painted witch assembled from wood pieces looks ready to fly this Halloween. All you need are some acrylics, wood pieces and wiggle eyes.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO10 - Cadmium Yellow (transparent)
- DAO34 - Lavender
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA235 - Citron Green
- DBR2003-B - Round 3
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- Unfinished wood pieces by Lara's Crafts: 2" disk/circle, U10809; 1 1/2" doll head/ball knob, V10136; two 1 3/16" buckets, V10108; two 1" candle cups, U10020
- Black Model Magic by Crayola/Binney & Smith
- Eight 3" pieces of black chenille stems
- Two 6-mm wiggle eyes
- Miniature broom
- Black fine tip permanent marker
- Foam plate
- Lo-temp glue gun
- Unfinished wood pot, Lara's Crafts, L10324
- Use Model Magic to form cone on top center of disk/circle piece; let dry.
- With pot rim facing downward, glue buckets to each side, near top of pot bottom.
- Paint pot and buckets Lavender and let dry.
- Paint doll head and candle cuts Citron Green; let dry.
- Paint hat and broom handle Lamp Black. Let dry.
- Glue candle cup hands onto end of each arm; glue head on top of body at pot base. Glue hat on head, with hat tilted back slightly. Glue broom handle over hand.
- Use end of paintbrush dipped in Lavender to dot hat and let dry.
- Use end of paintbrush dipped in Lamp Black to dot on buttons on witch dress; let dry.
- Use liner brush and Cadmium Yellow to paint star on dress and moon on hat; let dry.
- Glue wiggle eyes on face.
- Use black marker to draw V-shaped nose, thick eyebrows, and jagged mouth.
- Spray with Americana Gloss Sealer; let dry.
- Glue ends of chenille pieces around sides and back of head, underneath edge of hat. Curl ends of chenille stems around small end of paintbrush and shape hair as desired.
- Remove all labels and tags from surfaces before painting.
- A hair dryer on low setting can be used to speed drying between coats.
Here's another witch you may enjoy!