Witch Halloween Towel
By: Debbie Cleek for Baby Lock
If you're looking for Halloween decorating craft ideas, try this witch Halloween towel from Baby Lock. It's a cute way to spruce up your bathroom or kitchen for the holiday.
- Baby Lock Sewing Machine
- Black terry cloth dish towel
- Halloween print fat quarter
- Black fat quarter
- 1/2 yard gross-grain ribbon
- 1/8 yard orange tulle
- Assorted Halloween buttons
- Bamboo stiletto
- All-purpose thread to match fabrics
- Rotary cutter, mat, and ruler
- First, cut the pieces you will need for this project. Using the attached pattern, cut 4 witch shoes from the black fabric.
- Cut four 2” x 3” pieces from the Halloween print for the witch legs.
- Match raw edges of the 2” side of the leg to the top of the shoe. Right sides together and using a scant 1/4” seam, attach one leg to each of the shoes.
- Press seams open. Right sides together and using a scant 1/4 – 1/8” seam, sew two leg pieces together, creating two legs. Leave the top of the leg open for turning and stuffing.
- Trim the corners and clip the curves. Turn right side out and lightly press. Use stiletto to push the heel and toe of the shoe out.
- Cut a piece of the orange tulle 4 1/2” x 36”. Fold in half lengthwise and gather along the folded edge.
- Note: To gather fabric, lengthen the straight stitch of your machine to 5mm and sew 1/4” from the folded edge. Pull the bobbin thread to gather the fabric.
- Pin the folded edge of the ruffle 3” from the bottom of the towel. Pin ribbon on top of the ruffle, just covering the top folded edge. Fold under the raw ends of the ribbon at the edges of the towel. Using a straight stitch, sew in place.
- Sew Halloween buttons on the ribbon. Attach the button foot and select the button stitch to sew the buttons on to the ribbon.
- Stuff the legs with stuffing. Use the stiletto to push stuffing down into the toe and heel of the shoe.
- Fold under 1/4” at the top of the leg and pin to the bottom of the towel. Stitch along the folded edge of the leg and again 1/4” from the folded edge.
- This is ready to hang and add some scary fun to your kitchen or bath on Halloween.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!