Recycle blue jeans that no longer fit into these cute Trick or Treat Denim Bags. Homemade Halloween crafts like these are great for classroom parties, work parties, or a fun lunchtime surprise from mom and dad!
- Old blue jeans
- Felt or patterned material for cutouts
- Embroidery floss
- Use blue jean pant leg, or material of choice. Cut rectangular piece 5”x 10”.
- Lay piece out and decorate with face or decoration of choice. Make sure the decoration is in the center of the piece. Use glue or fusible fabric to affix pieces to material.
- With right sides together, pin and sew from top to bottom. Backstitch at the beginning and end to secure the stitch. Press seam open. Turn the piece right-side out. Press so the seam is in the back.
- Sew open end with thread of choice in a running stitch. Pull to gather. You can also sew the piece and clip before turning right side out.
- Puncture holes, on both sides, for handles, about 1” from top of bag.
- Cut 3 pieces of twine about 30” long or whatever you choose for handles. Before you begin to braid, insert one end of the twine into the hole and knot. Then braid to desired length. Tie off the end using one piece of the braid. Tape the end of the twine and insert it, from the inside of the bag, into the opposite hole to make a handle. Knot it from the outside. You are finished and have a cute little goodie bag.