Make these little baskets a charming Halloween gift or party favor. Decorate the basket with acrylics, ribbons and instant images.
DecoArt Products Required
Laurie Speltz's Instant Images
- IIT01 - 3/4 in. Flat Brush
- IIT04 - 4 Flat Brush
- IIT06 - 3/8 in. Duo Tool
- IIT07 - 1/4 in. Duo Tool
- IIP13 - Tricks & Treats Pocket Template
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DAO68 - Slate Grey
- DA163 - Honey Brown
- DA184 - French Vanilla
- DA228 - Bright Orange
- DA269 - Foliage Green --- NEW!!
- Permanent ink pens
- Small wooden mini basket with lid
- Dilute Honey Brown with water to ink consistency and apply wash of color over weave section of basket.
- Base basket top and handle with Lamp Black. Spatter lid with Bright Orange.
- Words are based with French Vanilla. Pounce top and bottom of letters with Bright Orange.
- Add dots with Snow White.
- Base scroll with Foliage Green and stars with French Vanilla. Shade stars with Bright Orange. Add dots with Bright Orange and Snow White.
- Ghosts are based with Snow White and shaded with Slate Grey. Dry brush cheeks with Bright Orange. Eyes are dots of Lamp Black and smaller dots of Snow White. Add hearts with Bright Orange.
- Add line work with permanent ink pens.
- Use flat brush to brush Crystal Craft Twinkles over handle and lid. Let dry. (Do not brush over pen lines.)
- Attach ribbon to basket. (See photo for placement.)
- Use Citron Green Americana Writer to add dimension on handle. Let dry.
Refer to template and tool packages for additional information on template and tool usage and techniques.
If you like this basket check this craft out!