We all have a pile of socks that have lost their mate. If you have a lonely tube sock, you can easily make these Totally Tubular Pumpkins. With these upcycle crafts, Halloween decorations can be original and adorable!
- 4 3" STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam balls
- Tube sock, man's large
- Fabric dye, orange
- Floral wire, green
- Felt: green, brown, white, black
- Chenille stems, green
- Wire knippers
- Straight pins
- Sharp pencil
- Green thread
- Following instructions on package, dye sock orange. Let dry.
- Insert foam ball into sock and push down to toe. Pull sock tight around ball and wrap a 2-1/2" length of green floral wire around sock; twist closed. Tuck wire ends into foam ball.
- Repeat with remaining balls, positioning balls as close together as possible.
- Cut off the excess sock, leaving a 3/8" tail. Remove the last wire. Using a sharp pencil, make a hole in center of exposed ball. Add glue to hole and firmly push sock fabric into hole. If needed, hold in place with straight pins till glue dries.
- Arrange the four pumpkins so they're sitting in a straight row. Gently press each ball to flatten the bottom to prevent rolling.
- Cut from green felt 5 sets of double leaves. Stitch through the connecting piece between the two leaves and pull the thread tight to shape the leaves. Knot securely.
- Glue a set of leaves between the pumpkins and at either end. Cut a double leaf apart and attach to the top of a pumpkin, if desired.
- Cut four 1-1/2" x 1" strips of brown felt; roll into tubes and glue ends. Insert pencil into top of each pumpkin, making hole. Place glue in hole and insert stem; hold in place with pins till glue dries.
- Wind a 2" - 3" length of chenille stem around pencil. Insert curled stem next to felt stem.
- Cut fun faces from black and white felt. Glue in place.