This great Pumpkin Treat Plate from Delta Creative is perfect for all of your Halloween snacks! Using your painting abilities has never been so fun!
- Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel™ Surface Conditioner
- Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel Paint:
- Ultra White (45029)
- Royal Purple (45001)
- Tangerine (45008)
- Ultra Black (45034)
- Apply Candy Green (45023)
- Citrus Yellow (45005)
- Chocolate (45004)
- Glass Plate
- Masking Tape
- Liner Brush
- Flat Brush
- Cotton Swabs
- Paper Plate
- Paper Towels
Click here for printable guide.
Please take a moment to review all instructions on product packaging before beginning any project. PermEnamel, the only air-dry paint that does not require heat setting, is a polyester-based and DOES NOT mix with water. You may clean your brushes with soap and water between applications, but make certain they are completely dry before moving to the next color.
- Surface preparation is very important. Clean plate with soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Apply PermEnamel Surface Conditioner with a clean, dry brush. Let dry. Do not rinse or wipe off.
- The design is painted on the backside of the plate. Size pattern to fit your surface. Tape the pattern facing the front of the plate so it shows through to the back.
- Use the liner brush to fill in the following areas. When sponging the paint on, start by tapping the flat end of the sponge into the paint and tapping excess off on plate. Pounce into the desired area applying an even coat. The paint must be dry before adding a second coat, a blow dryer will speed up this step.
- Some of the colors are mixed:
Purple - Royal Purple with a dot of White - Mix to desired color
Lighter Green - Apply Candy Green with Citrus Yellow (1:1)
Lighter Orange - Tangerine with Citrus Yellow (1:1)
- Paint in areas in the following order:
White - dot in eye
Ultra Black - pupil, mouth
Purple mixture - eye
Tangerine - lettering
Citrus Yellow - "or", nose, eyes
Chocolate Brown - stem
Green Mixture - veins in leaves, tendrils
Apple Candy Green - leaves
White - cotton swab dots around rim of plate
Purple mixture - sponged on rim of plate
Orange mixture - Stripes on pumpkin
Tangerine - sponge onto center of plate
- Let all paint dry and follow label instructions for care of the plate