A lidded basket with a grinning pumpkin is perfect for autumn or as a Halloween treat bag.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO10 - Cadmium Yellow (transparent)
- DAO14 - Cadmium Orange
- DAO22 - Burgundy Wine (transparent)
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA131 - Hauser Light Green
- DA228 - Bright Orange
- DHS1 - Scorching Yellow
- DHS2 - Torrid Orange
- DHS5 - Thermal Green
Americana Water-based Stains
- DBL1002-B - Liner 2
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- DBF3010-B - Shader 10
- DBF3502-B - Chisel Blender 2
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS13 - Americana Matte Spray
- Tracing and transfer paper
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Fine point permanent black pen
- Basket with handle and lid, 8" x 6" x 5"
- Use 3/4" flat brush to stain basket slats, inside and out, with Light Oak and paint lid Burgundy Wine.
- When dry, paint lid with Bright Orange using flat brush. (Start brush strokes at top and bring them down to create illusion of pumpkin segments; refer to Picture 1 at bottom.)
- Paint handle and slat around opening Bright Orange.
- Emphasize segments by sideloading same brush with Burgundy Wine and floating to shade. Let dry.
- When dry, draw or transfer face pattern.
- Using most size-appropriate brush, paint teeth Snow White. Smile, nose, brows, and lid line are Cadmium Yellow. Eye sections are Cadmium Orange, Snow White, and Hauser Light Green. Pupils are Lamp Black with tiny Snow White dot at 2 o'clock.
- Paint over Hauser Light Green with Hot Shots Thermal Green; Cadmium Orange with Torrid Orange, and Cadmium Yellow with Scorching Yellow.
- Line heavily with Lamp Black using liner brush.
- Use pencil to draw center line in Bright Orange handle and slat. Draw vertical lines to create check pattern.
- Use 10 shader brush to paint alternating checks of Lamp Black and Hauser Light Green. When painting Hauser Light Green ones, allow some Bright Orange to show through.
- Double outline checks with black pen.
- Finish with light coats of Americana Matte Spray.