20 No Carve Ideas for Halloween Pumpkin Decorating + 7 New Ideas for Decorating a Pumpkin
By: The Editors of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Halloween pumpkin decorating is a great way to celebrate this fun and spooky holiday. While Halloween pumpkin carvings look fantastic when lit at night, carved pumpkins do not last as long and may not be a suitable craft for young children. No-carve pumpkins make for easy Halloween crafts for kids and look as good during the day as they do at night. Instead of carving your Halloween pumpkin, try your hand at painting pumpkin.
Halloween pumpkins painted with different designs can be displayed earlier in October and depending on the look, can last into November as autumn decoration, too. You'll find many free Halloween pumpkin patterns that can be used for either painting or Halloween pumpkin carving.
Halloween Pumpkin Decorating Table of Contents
These 9 Beginner Crochet Patterns for Halloween include crochet hat patterns for the littlest monsters and free crochet shawl patterns for you.
- Halloween Witch Pumpkin: Kids will love helping to create this silly witch “teapot” pumpkin with foam letters. The painting is fun and simple. Change the way you think of halloween decoration ideas by incorporating letters and paint.
- Pumpkins in Silhouette: This spooky painting project includes 2 Halloween pumpkin patterns that can also be used for carving. Halloween decor ideas should be fun and versatile, and that can certainly be said for this project.
- Boo Pumpkin: Paint a ghostly scene on a pumpkin for a no-carve alternative this Halloween. If you're looking for patterns for pumpkins, this project is perfect.
- Mr. Pumpkin Man: This festive Halloween decoration would be great sitting outside your door, welcoming in trick-or-treaters. Made with a foam pumpkin, this project is easy and fun for the whole family.
- Robot Pumpkin: Turn a pumpkin into an invader from another planet. Kids will love this project and will want to help execute their own Halloween decoration ideas.
- Butterfly Pumpkin: For a light-hearted take on Halloween for a young child, make this adorable Butterfly Pumpkin. After all, Halloween does not have to be scary! Halloween decorating ideas should capture the fun and whimsical aspects of the season, not just the spooky moments.
- Mod Pumpkin: Give a white pumpkins colorful dots for a unique and modern look. For something more traditional, just use orange dots applied with a pouncer brush and outline with metallic paint. This is a very fun and easy Halloween pumpkin decorating idea for kids.
- Swirl Paint Pumpkin: Paint a real or foam pumpkin with a simple metallic design for an elegant autumn look. Halloween decor ideas should fit your personal style, so this project is perfect for anyone that likes an understated look.
- Bedazzled Pumpkins: Add some glitz and glamour to your Halloween decor with this sparkly bedazzled pumpkin! These are great for an elegant Halloween party or an autumn wedding.
- Spooky Pumpkin Cat: Orange texture upholstery gives this faux-pumpkin stack the right color without painting. If you enjoy decorating a pumpkin, then this is a fun and unexpected craft you'll love to show off.
- Halloween Jack Friendly: Create a stack of friendly Halloween jack-on-lanterns decorated with dark orange organza ribbon. Outdoor halloween decor ideas like this one are a welcome treat for trick-or-treaters.
- Fanged Cat Pumpkin: Use 2 pumpkins to create this spooky Halloween cat in a witch hat.
- Owl Pumpkin: Disguise 2 real or foam pumpkins as a fun owl, complete with wood wings. Whoo would have thought patterns for pumpkins could look so good?
- Tom the Turkey Pumpkin: Great for Thanksgiving as well as Halloween, Tom the Turkey is a great project for the whole family to make together! Use him as your epic Thanksgiving centerpiece for a look that guests will talk about for years to come!
If you're not big on pumpkin guts and carving knives, try a more creative approach to pumpkin decorating this Halloween with these 17 Pumpkin Patterns: Free Projects for Halloween.
- Pumpkin Pals: These miniature foam pumpkins are a great for a tabletop display at Halloween. Halloween decor ideas can be elegant and pretty and this project is a perfect example.
- Bewitching Pumpkin Wizard: This unique pumpkin makes for a great indoor decoration for Halloween.
- Fall Pumpkin Decoration: These cute little pumpkins made from foam and painted with a crackle medium can be displayed all autumn.
- Terra Cotta Mosaic Pumpkin: Create a unique Halloween pumpkin with cracked terra cotta pieces. Change the way you think about halloween decorating ideas and use materials you might not associate with the season.
- Sparkle and Shine Pumpkins: Miniature foam pumpkins are painted in bright metallic colors for autumn. Decorating a pumpkin has never been this much fun!
- Pirate Pumpkin: "Yar" going to love this festive pumpkin! This easy painted Halloween pumpkin is great for displaying indoors or out, and you can just as easily use a real pumpkin for this project instead of a fake one.
- Frosted Pumpkin: Cover a Funkin (faux pumpkin) with Mod Podge and decorate it with pretty paper - there's never been an easier craft for decorating a pumpkin. Kids and adults alike will love this creative project and will want to display them all year long. Since the pumpkin isn't real, it won't rot or smell - leave it out until Christmas!
- Prized Pumpkins: Start with a few small pumpkins and a couple cans of Krylon Glitter Blast. alloween decorating ideas don't have to be complicated, and this no-carve craft certainly fits the bill. Use a variety of colors to make sure your pumpkin stands out from the crowd.
- Pigskin Pumpkin: Are you ready for some football? Pumpkins and pigskins are two of the most recognizable symbols of fall, so be sure to incorporate them both in your Halloween decor ideas
- Bug Pumpkin: Who says that bugs can't be a welcome addition to your home? Lucky, these bugs are cute and pretty - not annoying or scary. If you're looking for patterns for pumpkins that really stick out from the crowd, consider creating this fun and funky Halloween decor craft. You won't be able to resist this adorable no-carve pumpkin craft.
- Painted Him and Her Pumpkins: Put away those scissors and grab your paints for this simple Halloween project. Halloween decorating ideas can help you get in a spooky spirit, but these cuties are strictly fun. Decorating a pumpkin with paint is a fun and family-friendly option.
- Funkin Jack O' Lantern: A Funkin is a faux pumpkin, so you can display it all year long. Add a flameless candle to the inside and watch your Halloween decor ideas come to life. Have kids plan the design and add the candle - it's a great way to celebrate Halloween and get creative at the same time.
- Not So Scaredy Cat: Incorporate a small pumpkin into your Halloween decorating ideas for some big results! This black cat won't make you nervous or signify ghouls and goblins. Instead, it will put a smile on your face and brighten up your space. If you're looking for patterns for pumpkins, this is the perfect project for you.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ultimate Plaid Home Decor Assortment
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Accessories
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life
- 12 Easy Knitting Patterns For Baby Clothes
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Braided Knit Headband Pattern
- Simple Rainbow Headband Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties