Monster Mash Halloween Card
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Send someone a scream with this adorable Monster Mash Halloween Card from Polyform Products. If you're looking for some fun DIY cards to make with the kids, this is a great one to get started with. Kids and mix and match monster parts to create the ultimate Halloween scare!
- Sculpey® III: Black - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: Granny Smith - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: Lemonade - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: Sweet Potato - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: Violet - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: White - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey Acrylic Roller
- Sculpey Alphabet Stamper
- Sculpey® Clay Tool Starter Set
- Sculpey® Super Slicer
- Patterned cardstock: 3 coordinating patterns
- Glue stick
- White glue
Preheat oven to 275 °F. Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. Condition all clay by kneading until it’s soft and smooth or by running it through the Clay Conditioning Machine for several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
Make Sweet Potato 1-1/4" x 3/4" flat teardrop for head and body. Press on 3 tiny Granny Smith balls. Make two 1/4" x 1/2" Granny Smith teardrops and press on top of teardrop for ears. Make 1/4" White flat circle and press on 1/8" Black flat circle for eye. Press on head. With needle tool, press in mouth. Make tiny White teardrops and press on mouth for teeth. Make two Sweet Potato 3/8" x 1/2" flat teardrops and press on body for legs. Make two Sweet Potato 3/8" x 7/8" flat teardrops and press on body with arms. Make Granny Smith 3/8" flat circle and press on body for tummy. Use blade tool to press in lines on feet and hands.
Make White 5/8" flat circle and cut off part of edge for treat basket. Press treat basket on hand. With Black, make and press on skinny logs and circles to make face and handle.
Make Lemonade 3/4" flat circle for body, and press on tiny Sweet Potato balls. Make Lemonade 3/8" flat circle and press on body for head. Make two 1/4" x 1/2" Sweet Potato teardrops and press on head for horns. Make three 1/8" White balls and press on tiny Black balls for eyes. Press eyes on head. With needle tool, press in mouth. Make Sweet Potato 1/4" flat circle and press on mouth for tongue. Make two White tiny teardrops and press on mouth for fangs. Make two Lemonade 1/4" x 7/8" teardrops and press on body for arms. Make two Lemonade 3/8" x 1/2" flat teardrops and press on body for legs. Use blade tool to press lines in hands, feet and tongue.
Make Black 5/8" flat circle and cut off part of edge for treat basket. Press treat basket on hand. Make two White 1/8" flat circles and press on tiny black circles for eyes. Press eyes on treat basket. Make tiny White log and press on for mouth. With Black, make and press on skinny logs and circles to make legs and handle.
Make Granny Smith 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" bell shape with wavy bottom to make head and body. Press tiny Violet dots on wavy edge. Make three Violet 1/4" x 3/8" flat teardrops and press on head for horns. Make five White 1/8" flat circles and press on tiny Black balls for eyes. Press eyes on head. With needle tool, press on mouth. Make two tiny White teardrops and press on mouth for fangs. Make Granny Smith 3/8" x 1" flat teardrops and press on body for arms. Use blade tool to press lines on hands.
Make Sweet Potato 5/8" flat circle and cut off part of edge for treat basket. Use blade tool to press on pumpkin lines. Press treat basket on hand. Make tiny Black logs and teardrops and press on for pumpkin face and handle.
Make Black 1/4" x 1/2" teardrop for body. Make two tiny White balls and press on tinier Black balls for eyes. Press eyes on head. Press on two tiny White teardrops for fangs. Make two Black 1/4" x 5/8" teardrops for wings. Use blade tool to press in lines on wing edges. Press wings on body. Repeat two make or more bats.
Make Sweet Potato 1"x 7" flat strip. Press in "TRICK OR TREAT" with Sculpey® Alphabet Stamper. Trim strip close to letters, and cut ends to 5" long.
- Bake all pieces as directed above. Allow to cool completely before handling.Cut two 7" wide x 10" high pieces from patterned paper and glue pattern side out with glue stick. Fold in half to make 7" x 5" card. Cut 5-1/4" x 4-1/2" contrasting paper and glue onto card front. Glue clay banner on 1" x 7" patterned paper with white glue. When dry, trim with thin strips of other papers and glue on card front. With white glue, adhere monsters on card front.
- Assemble the monsters right on your baking sheet so it's easy for you to bake them without deforming the characters.
If you don't have scrapbooking papers and supplies, use store-bought cards and glue on monsters and banner with white glue.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Baby Pumpkin Crochet Beanie
- Denim Country Pumpkins
- "Homemade Halloween Decorations: Blogger Edition 2010" eBook
- "31 Halloween Craft Projects" eBook
- Witch Heels Candy Favors
- 287 DIY Halloween Ideas: The Ultimate Guide
- Pumpkin Tea Cozy
- Plastic Pumpkin Luminaries
- How To Halloween: Projects from Bloggers
- Candy Corn Quilt
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 15 Spring Craft Ideas For Everyone
- Chevron Shape Tape
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Shelbi Free Crochet Hat Pattern For Kids
- Totally Tulle DIY Fabric Flowers
- Seasonal FloraCraft Styrofoam Decor
- Tulip Color Shot Fabric Dye Set
- Book Page Paper Roses DIY Project
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker Giveaway
- We R Memory Keepers