Jack O Lantern Decorative Bowls
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Store your holiday candy in these Jack O Lantern Decorative Bowls from I Love to Create! Your trick-or-treaters will get a kick out of these festive bowls! Apply a variety of festive glazes to give your bowl a realistic look. The more colors you use, the more your project will stand out and make an impression.
Home Decor Bisque Designs
- 23898 Large Free Form Vase 4.5" x 4.5" x 6.75"
- 23899 Short Free Form Bowl 5.25" x 5.25" x 3.5"
Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
- CN 022 Bright Saffron
- CN 052 Bright Tangerine
- CN 253 Dark Black
- CN 282 Bright Brown
- SB 802 No. 1 Liner
- SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
- SB 808 No. 4 Round
- SB 812 No. 10 Round
pure•brilliance™ Clear Glaze
- Margarine-sized container for water
- Crafter’s knife
- Clay carbon paper or graphite paper
- Clear contact paper
- Pattern 1
- Pattern 2
Wipe bowl with damp sponge to remove any dust and/or particles.
Small Bowl: using the Fan Glaze Brush, apply three coats of Black glaze inside bowl and up to the rim, allowing time to dry between each application.
Using the pencil, lightly mark the center point of each of the four protruding curves of the bowl. Make an additional mark approximately 1½ inches from each side of the center points.
Pour Bright Tangerine glaze onto clean piece of foil or palette. Brush three coats of Bright Tangerine glaze into alternating 3-inch sections noted above (center points of curves should mark the middle of the section of glaze). Allow time to dry between each application. Refer to photo for visual.
Pour Bright Saffron glaze onto clean piece of foil or palette. Brush three coats of Bright Saffron glaze onto remaining alternating sections of bowl, allowing time to dry between each application. While the third coat is slightly damp, using your sponge, dab a little Bright Tangerine glaze onto sections where the colors meet in order to blend. Let dry.
Using the Fan Glaze Brush, apply three coats of Black glaze to outside of large bowl, allowing time to dry between each application.
Place clay carbon or graphite paper over the face pattern on regular paper, then place carbon/graphite side down and onto flattest/widest side of bowl. Trace over the face pattern using a pencil. The carbon/graphite should transfer onto bowl in the shape of the jack-o’-lantern face pattern.
Using the No. 4 Round Brush, paint in features using two coats of Black glaze, allowing time to dry between each application.
Pour Bright Brown glaze onto foil or palette and using the No. 4 Round Brush, paint a Bright Brown glaze line from each mark made in Step 3, top to bottom. Let dry.
For Large Bowl: Trace pattern onto clear contact paper (pattern side down).
Cut out shapes with crafter’s knife.
Remove backing from cutout stencils and position sticky-side down onto widest/flattest side of vase.
Pour Black glaze inside vase and rotate to coat inside with glaze. Pour excess glaze into empty container.
Brush three coats of Black glaze onto outside surface of vase. Let dry between each glaze application.
Once third coat of Black glaze has dried, remove clear contact paper stencils.
Paint three coats of Bright Saffron glaze onto teeth and pupil sections, allowing time to dry between each application.
Paint three coats of Tangerine glaze to brows, nose and remaining mouth and eye areas, allowing time to dry between each application.
Use No. 1 Liner Brush to accent lower part of eyes and brows with Bright Brown glaze.
Use No. 1 Liner Brush to outline teeth with two coats of Black glaze, allowing time to dry between each application.
Both Bowls: Sponge a light coat of Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze onto the outer surface of bowl. Let dry.
Using the Fan Glaze Brush, brush a second light coat of Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze onto bowl. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Baby Pumpkin Crochet Beanie
- Denim Country Pumpkins
- Bat and Flower Hair Bow
- "31 Halloween Craft Projects" eBook
- "Homemade Halloween Decorations: Blogger Edition 2010" eBook
- No Sew Spider Costume
- Monkey Man Scrapbook Page
- Witch Heels Candy Favors
- Halloween Crochet Pumpkin
- 287 DIY Halloween Ideas: The Ultimate Guide
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Shelbi Free Crochet Hat Pattern For Kids
- Totally Tulle DIY Fabric Flowers
- Seasonal FloraCraft Styrofoam Decor
- Tulip Color Shot Fabric Dye Set
- Book Page Paper Roses DIY Project
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker Giveaway
- We R Memory Keepers
- Vintage Basket Easter Craft Project
- Recycled Egg Carton Easter Egg Basket