Fly this pumpkin-filled banner on Halloween created with a painting project you can surely brag about.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO34 - Lavender
- DAO54 - Bright Green
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA201 - Primary Yellow
- DA229 - Jack-O'-Lantern Orange
- DBL1000-B - Liner 0
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- DS19 - DuraClear Gloss Varnish
- 1 1/2" sponge brush
- Fabric adhesive
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Tracing and transfer paper
- Masking or painter's tape
- Pre-primed canvas
1. Use scissors to cut desired size rectangle from pre-primed canvas. Cut canvas into strips at one long edge. Fold strips at center to form loops. Staple or adhere loops onto rectangle with fabric adhesive.
2. Use sponge brush to basecoat canvas Primary Yellow.
3. Enlarge or reduce pattern to fit surface. Trace and transfer pattern.
4. Use 3/4" flat brush to paint pumpkins Jack-O'-Lantern Orange and leaves Bright Green.
5. Use liner brush to paint tendrils Bright Green; spiders and outlining, Lamp Black; and lettering, Lavender.
6. Use brush handle end to dot spider eyes Snow White. When dry, apply smaller Lamp Black dot inside Snow White dot.
7. Mask off 1/2" band at top and bottom and paint band Lamp Black. Remove tape.
8. Allow banner to completely dry. Seal both sides with DuraClear Varnish. Let dry between coats.