Craft a Halloween invitation with matching party favors in a candy corn theme. The card, favor box and treat bag are simple paper crafts that create a cute and coordinated Halloween theme. For more craft ideas, tips & projects please visit Creative Home Arts Club.
- Cardstock: yellow, orange
- Craft glue*
- Fabric glue*
- Gem glue*
- Pencil, ruler, scissors
For Favor Box:
- 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" oval papiermâché box
- Scrap silver paper
- 20" silver baby rickrack
- Punches: 5/8" star, 1/4" star, 5/8" swirl
- Four small rhinestones
- Black acrylic paint
- No. 12 shader paintbrush*
For Card & Treat Bag:
- 4" x 5 1/2" blank white card & matching envelope
- 4" x 5 1/2" (without handle) blank white gift bag
- 16" black baby rickrack
- Halloween-themed buttons*: spider, spider & web, 2 bats, headstone
- Natural raffia
- 7/16" repositionable letters*
- Optional: wire cutters
- Black fine-tip permanent marker, craft knife
*The following products were used for this project: Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac, Gem-Tac, and kids choice glues • Blumenthal Lansing Halloween Night buttons • Loew-Cornell American Painter 4300 paintbrush • Making Memories repositionable letters.
4" x 5 7/16" Card
4" x 5 1/4" x 2" Treat Bag (without handle)
2 1/2" x 3 1/2" Favor Box
- See photo for design and placement.
- Allow glue and paint to dry between steps.
- Paint box. Paint inside and outside of box with black acrylic paint.
- Add rickrack. Cut two 10" pieces of silver rickrack. Use fabric glue to attach to top and bottom edges of box.
- Finish. Punch four swirls from yellow cardstock. Punch four large stars from orange cardstock. Punch 22 small stars from silver paper. Use gem glue to attach rhinestones to center of orange stars. Use craft glue to attach stars and swirls to box as shown.
- Prepare card base. Cut one 1 13/16" x 4" piece of yellow cardstock. Cut one 1 7/8" x 4" piece of orange cardstock. Use craft glue to attach yellow paper to bottom front of card and orange paper directly above it as shown.
- Decorate card. Use a fine-tip black marker to draw a dotted line around edges of card. Cut two 4" pieces of black rickrack. Use fabric glue to attach rickrack along top of orange and yellow paper. Use repositionable letters to spell out “BOO TO YOU” on orange section of card. For spider web, draw a 1" black line down from top right of card. Note: Use wire cutters to remove button shanks as needed. Use jewelry glue to attach spider button to card at bottom of black line. Glue headstone button to lower left of card.
- Finish. Tie two strands of raffia into a bow. Trim ends to desired length. Use craft glue to attach bow to top of card.
- Make Treat Bag in same way as card, changing lettering to “TREATS ONLY.” Attach two bat buttons and a spider & web button as shown. Tie raffia in bow around one handle.
For more craft ideas, tips & projects from the Creative Home Arts Club, be sure to visit http://creativehomeartsclub.com