Paint a ghostly assortment of glass ornaments for a unique Halloween decoration that’s ideal for a table centerpiece. Get spooky and creative this Halloween with this project from Krylon.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - White (#51315)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - White (#51501)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Purple (#51913)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Pumpkin Orange (#52411)
- Krylon Stained Glass Color - Red (#9020)
- Krylon Stained Glass Color - Yellow (#9024)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Hobby/Craft Paint Pens - Black (#SCP914)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Hobby/Craft Paint Pens - Sun Yellow (#SCP906)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Hobby/Craft Paint Pens - Leaf Green (#SCP910)
- Glass vase 9 3/8” tall x 6” diameter
- Glass plate 10” diameter (any coordinating color)
- 3 – 80mm clear glass ornament balls
- 4 – 67 mm clear glass ornament balls
- 10 – 50 mm clear glass ornament balls
- Styrofoam® brand foam sheet app. 3” x 12” x 36”
- 17 – 5/16” wood dowel rods app. 9” long
- Newspaper or plastic sheeting to protect area when spray painting
- Glass cleaner
- Lint free cloth
- Work in a well-ventilated area and follow all directions on paint products.
- Remove metal caps and wire hangers from all glass balls. Thoroughly clean and dry glass ornaments.
- To paint, insert dowel rods in Styrofoam sheet and slide ornaments over dowel rods so that the rod is inside the ornament and ornaments are suspended above the foam sheet.
- Using Stained Glass Paint, paint: (3) 50 mm balls Yellow and (3) 50 mm balls Red. Let dry completely.
- Paint remaining balls with White Primer. Let dry.
- Paint: (1) 80 mm, (1) 67 mm and (2) 50 mm balls with Gloss White; (1) 80 mm, (2) 67 mm, and (2) 50 mm balls Pumpkin Orange and (1) 80 mm and (1) 67 mm Purple. Let dry completely.
- Refer to photo. Use Gloss Black paint pen to paint ghost features on white balls. Use Sun Yellow pen to paint jack-o-lantern features on Pumpkin Orange balls and Leaf Green Pen to paint witch features on Purple balls. Let dry.
- Arrange balls in glass cylinder. Set cylinder on plate.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.