Use plastic canvas to create this cute ghost picture frame hanger for Halloween. Hang this Halloween frame from a door or a hook displaying the kids in costume. For another plastic canvas Halloween craft, see the glow-in-the-dark Trick or Treat Bag.
Find this craft and more Plastic Canvas projects at "16 Free Patterns for Plastic Canvas."
- Uniek QuickCount™ 7-count plastic canvas
- Uniek Needleoft® plastic canvas yarn as listed
- in color key
- Kreinik Fine (#8) Braid as listed in color key
- Kreinik 1/8” Ribbon as listed in color key
- Wire-Art Jewelry Kit by Duncan Enterprises:
- 24-inch wires (2 black, 2 orange, 3 purple, 1
- white); 2 black pony beads; 6 green wood beads;
- 2 large orange wood beads
- Fabri-Tac™ Permanent Adhesive
- Plastic canvas needle
- Cut canvas according to graph, including shaded area, 30 x 34 holes.
- Work 1/8” Ribbon in cross stitches in colors indicated for letters, eyes and mouth; continental and reversed continental stitches for nose.
- Unmarked background is worked in white continental stitches. Overcast edges of cut out area with white.
- Overcast outside edges of ghost with tangerine 1/8” Ribbon.
- Use black Fine Braid back stitches to outline ghost, letters, and facial features.
- With Fabri-Tac™ Permanent Adhesive, glue edges of photo to back of stitched canvas to show through opening on front.
- Make the wire door hanger as follows: see diagram 1. Bring one 24-inch black wire through front of canvas at the top of the ghost’s hand on the left. Add a green bead and bring the end of the wire through the bead and twist end to secure. Wrap one 24-inch purple wire around the large popsicle stick and add to black wire. Add another green bead. Wrap one 24-inch orange wire around the small popsicle stick and add to black wire. Add another green bead.
Make Two Spiders for Wire Hanger As Follows:
Cut one 24-inch black wire into four 6-inch pieces. Use two 6-inch pieces for each black pony bead. Bring one 6-inch piece of wire through the pony bead and twist around bead to secure. Do the same on the other side of the bead with the second 6-inch piece of black wire. Wind the four ends around the round stick (dowel) for curly spider legs. Make a second spider like the first.
From the 24-inch white wire, cut two 12-inch pieces. Slide each 12-inch piece of white wire
through the top of the black pony bead on each spider and twist to hold. Wrap ends of white
wire around dowel.
Now twist both ends of the white wire of one spider to the black wire hanger next to the green bead. Add a large orange bead. Wrap one 24-inch purple wire around the large popsicle stick and add to the black wire. Add a large orange bead. Add the white wired second spider.
Add a green bead. Wrap one 24-inch orange wire around the small popsicle stick and add to the black wire. Add a green bead. Wrap one 24-inch purple wire around the large popsicle stick and add to black wire. Add a green bead. Slide the black wire through the top of the ghost’s right hand, bring it through the green bead. Twist ends and cut. From the rest of the black wire, make the hanger for the doorknob, by winding around the dowel and then twisting each end to the black wire at the ends of the center purple coil. Hang from this stretched out, curly black coil.