Use fabric stiffener to create this spooky bat from I Love to Create that makes the perfect Halloween decoration. The wiggly eyes make this a fun craft for the kids to help out with.
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
- Aleene's® Stiffen-Quik Fabric Stiffening Spray
- Wiggle eyes, two ½” red
- Plastic clothes hanger
- Plastic wrap
- Plastic trash bag
- Plastic fork
- 2 yards cheesecloth
- Disposable plastic gloves
- Masking tape
- Liter bottle plus two smaller plastic bottles
- Felt scraps: green, black, purple
- Plastic tub
- Aluminum foil
1. To weight bottles, fill with water and cap tightly. Place on trash bag.
2. Tape hanger across back and toward top of liter bottle with hook above lid.
3. Blow up balloon about the size of a baseball then tape to hook of hanger. Adjust the smaller bottles off to sides. For each hand, crumple up a piece of foil, press around the top of the smaller bottles and form into cone shape.
4. Fold cheesecloth in half lengthwise.
5. Carefully drape cheesecloth over bottles making sure a corner of cheesecloth is to the front, referring to photo. Pull out cheesecloth then fold and crease to desired shape. To form neck, loosely tie plastic wrap at bottom of balloon.
6. Wearing gloves, spray Stiffen-Quik on cheesecloth until it is well saturated. Form cheesecloth into desired shape. Let dry 24 hours. Carefully remove from bottles.
7. Cut out felt shapes using photo as a guide. Glue felt and wiggle eyes on cheesecloth.
For more projects, go to ilovetocreate.com.