Using cheese cloth, a balloon and some other household items you can make yourself a ghost of a decoration. Scare your friends this Halloween by hanging a ghost from I Love to Create.
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
- Aleene's® Fabric Stiffener & Draping Liquid
- Cheesecloth, 2 yards
- Wiggle eyes, two ½”
- Disposable plastic gloves
- Plastic tub
- Plastic fork
- Masking tape
- Felt scraps: orange, purple
- Bottles: 1 tall and 2 short
- Plastic wrap or trash bag
- Cover work surface with plastic wrap or trash bag.
- Fill bottles with water. Position bottles using taller for body and placing smaller bottles at sides for arms.
- Inflate balloon to desired size for head. Tape balloon to top of tallest bottle.
- Cover all three bottles with plastic wrap.
- Pour entire bottle of stiffener into plastic tub. Fill bottle with water then add to tub. Thoroughly mix with plastic fork.
- Open cheesecloth to a single layer. Fold into thirds lengthwise.
- Wearing plastic gloves, insert cheesecloth into stiffener and press so cheesecloth absorbs mixture. Work with cheesecloth until saturated.
- Carefully open cheesecloth to the three layers then gently drape over bottles. Fold and crease cheesecloth until it resembles a ghost, referring to photo for position. Let dry 24 hours. Carefully remove from bottles.
- Cut two ovals of orange felt for eyes. Glue wiggle eyes onto ovals. Let dry.
- Cut a larger oval from purple for mouth.
- Glue mouth and eyes on cheesecloth.