Frame your favorite Halloween photo with color and glitter in a bat-themed frame. This is a great accessory to decorate your house with during the spooky Halloween month.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA227 - Bright Yellow
- DA232 - Vivid Violet
- DAS37 - Glamour Dust Crystal
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- DBF3008-B - Shader 8
- Foam plate
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Unfinished wood pieces: 1" star; 1" roundhead plug; four 1/2" hearts; 1 1/2" circle/disc
- Unfinished 4" x 6" wood frame, Don Mechanic
- Preparation: Remove all stickers or labels from surfacesRemove frame insert.
- Basecoat frame Vivid Violet with 3/4" flat brush and let dry.
- Glue roundhead plug over star with two points sticking above plug for ears of bat.
- Referring to photo for placement, glue heart with one rounded edge underneath edge of roundhead plug to each side of head for wings. Glue another heart with pointed tips meeting to each heart at sides to form wings.
- Use shader brush and Lamp Black to paint bat; let dry. Refer to photo for placement and glue bat shape to frame.
- Use shader brush and Bright Yellow to paint wooden circle. Apply second coat, and while wet, sprinkle with Glamour Dust. Let dry. Refer to photo for placement and glue moon to frame.
- Use Citron Green Americana Writer to paint words on frame; let dry.
- Use end of paintbrush handle dipped in Snow White to make small dots for bat eyes and to dot around objects on frame; let dry.
- Spray frame with Americana Gloss Sealer; let dry.