This fanged cat pumpkin will glow this Halloween without any need for carving. Using craft foam, papier mache and pumpkins you can decorate your home any Halloween season.
Check out this project and more ideas in 17 Pumpkin Patterns: Free Projects for Halloween!
DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG01 - White --- NEW!!
- DAG34 - Lavender --- NEW!!
- DAG67 - Black --- NEW!!
- DAG129 - True Red --- NEW!!
- DAG230 - Festive Green --- NEW!!
- DAG235 - Citron Green --- NEW!!
- DBL1000-B - Liner 0
- DBF3012-B - Shader 12
- 1" flat brush
- Craft foam sheets in black and green
- Wood star
- 15" length of red grosgrain ribbon
- Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Tracing and transfer paper, optional
- Chalk pencil, optional
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Small round pumpkin
- Medium pumpkin with large base
- Papier mache cornucopia
- Use 1" flat brush to paint both pumpkins Black, star Lavender, and cornucopia Festive Green.
- Use 1" flat brush and Lavender to paint spiral stripe around cornucopia.
- Cut 10" diameter circle from green foam and two triangle shapes from black foam.
- Trace and transfer face pattern or free hand with chalk pencil.
- Paint trim around cornucopia and nose True Red; paint eyes and teeth White.
- Load one side of slightly dampened 12 shader brush with Lavender. Use to paint mouth, feet, and tail, reloading brush as necessary.
- Paint eye pupils Citron Green.
- Use liner brush and Black to detail eyes; use liner brush and White to do lettering on star.
- To assemble, position and glue head on body, green foam hat brim on head, cornucopia on foam. Position and adhere ears on hat brim, ribbon around neck, and star on ribbon.
Let dry between steps.