This spooky painted boo box from Krylon makes a great candy dish for Halloween treats, and the matching frame is a great place to show off photos of your little ghouls and goblins.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - White (#51315)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Pumpkin Orange (#52411)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Black (#51602)
- Krylon Webbing Spray - White Whisper (#602)
- Krylon Glowz® - Glow-in-the-Dark (#3150)
- 3 – Basswood Strips 1/4” x 1” x 24”
- Wood Box 6 1/8” x 6 3/4” x 5 1/2”
- Wood Frame 8” x 8”
- 4 – Wood Ball Knobs 1 1/2”
- Acrylic Paint: Harvest Orange, White and Black
- Round paint brush size 2
- White Graphite Transfer Paper
- Wood glue
- Masking tape
- Utility knife
- Glue four ball knobs to the bottom corners of the box. Let dry.
- Spray entire box and front and back of frame with White Primer. Let dry.
- Spray the bottom and sides of the box, and front and back of frame with Flat Black. Let dry completely.
- Cut two 6 3/4” and two 6 5/8” pieces from the basswood strips. Spray paint all four pieces Pumpkin Orange. Let dry completely.
- Glue the basswood pieces to the top outer edges of the box. Mask off the black portion of the box and spray the top edge and inside of the box Pumpkin Orange. Let dry completely.
- Use white graphite paper to transfer “BOO” to the black portion of the box and to transfer eyes to the frame. Paint “BOO” and eyes white. Let dry.
- Use the end of a paintbrush to dot the centers of the B’s and O’s on the box and eyes on the frame with black acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Use the end of a larger paintbrush to paint Harvest Orange dots on the black portions of the box and frame. Let dry.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, spray White Webbing over the entire box and frame. Let dry.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, spray Glowz over the entire box and over the eyes of the frame. Let dry completely.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.