Make a bewitching spell book to decorate your home this Halloween. These Halloween decorating craft ideas from Vicki O'Dell are easy and spooky!
- Paper mache book
- Three shades of grey and black paint
- Gold leafing pen
- Natural sponge
- Stencil for lettering
- Paint the book inside and out with the darkest black.
- After it dries, sponge lighter colors of paint all over to give it a mottled, aged look.
- Write the word "SPELLS" on the cover with a gold leave pen.
- Make sure it's throughly dry and add some more paint with the sponge to dull the brightness of the gold.
- Because the book opens you could store something inside or turn the inside into a spooky Halloween collage. You could also put pictures of your children all dressed up inside, add new pictures every year and when Halloween rolls around again they'll have fun looking at all of the costumes they've had over time.