Create a colorful beaded hair clip with ladybugs and flowers, perfect for Easter and throughout spring. The delicate glass beads are sewn to a piece of fabric before adorning the hair clip for an easier Easter beaded jewelry project from Rings & Things.
Materials (Available from Rings & Things):
- 1 #30-123 1.9” rectangular alligator hair clip
- 30-35 #20-228-042 Size 11 Toho® Japanese glass seed beads, crystal
- 2 #23-618-211 9mm Czech glass ladybug beads, red
- 30-35 #23-505-000 5.5mm glass flower spacer beads, assorted colors
- 5ft #61-804-3214 Kreinik™ very fine #4 braid thread, blue zircon
- Jewel Bond adhesive
- big-eye needle
- super glue
- Cut a 1' long piece of Kreinik cord, thread your needle and tie a knot at one end.
- Cut a small piece of fabric, roughly 3½"x 1½".
- Center the alligator clip on the fabric, draw an outline on the cloth and fold edges along outline.
- Using the big-eye needle, sew from the bottom side to the top side of the fabric, stitching the folded sides together. NOTE: Instead of sewing, you can glue the folded sides using an adhesive like Jewel Bond.
- Attach flower and ladybug beads to the fabric, one at a time, sewing from underside of fabric to top. When using center-drilled beads (like the flower beads), first thread the bead, then add a seed bead and go back through the larger bead until the seed bead rests at the center of the flower bead. The seed bead functions as a flower piston.
- Repeat until desired effect is achieved or until entire fabric is covered with beads.
- Glue fabric to the alligator clip using super glue.