31 Newspaper Crafts + Recycled Magazine Crafts
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Turn yesterday's news into today's treasure with these 31 Newspaper Crafts + Recycled Magazine Crafts. From jewelry to wall decor, you can use newspapers and magazines to help create all kinds of fun accessories for you and your home.
The great thing about newspaper crafts is that newspaper is easy to find and inexpensive to buy...and there are so many things you can do with it once you're done catching up on the news. Create fun embellishments, make jewelry, and even weave newspaper together to make a plant holder for your living room. Newspaper crafts are fun and easy, and are great for weekend crafting and crafting with the kids.
And every household has a stack of magazines just waiting to be recycled. Now you can dive into that pile with our collection of fun and easy magazine crafts. Create wall decor, make party favors, and even turn colorful pages into jewelry with these easy and fun recycled projects.
If you like crafting with paper and are looking for unique and clever ways to rid your home of old newspapers and magazines, take a look at our collection of 31 Newspaper Crafts + Recycled Magazine Crafts. After browsing through these projects, you'll never be happier to recieve the Sunday paper at your door!
Newspaper Crafts + Reycled Magazine Crafts Table of Contents
Turn the comics into beads for jewelry, the sports section into faux flowers, and start some seedlings growing in the home and garden section. After you catch up on world news, turn that newspaper into new home decorating ideas! These newspaper crafts are easy and fun to make, and are great for the whole family. From jewelry to wall art, these projects can help accessorize both you and your home!
- Funny Flowers: Wake up and smell the funnies! These Funny Flowers are made with the comics from the newspapers and would look adorable as artificial flower arrangements or as gift package accessories. You could even use wrapping paper, too! This easy to follow tutorial is great to have on hand when you're crafting with paper or felt.
- Bird and Text Collage Wall Art: Clip sections of the newspaper and decoupage them onto a canvas to create a fun piece of wall art that will speak volumes! Embellish your design with a black sticker to really make it stand out. This collage set could add style and texture to any room in your home, and is even a fun way to decorate an apartment or college dorm room.
- Newspaper Clutch: This newspaper craft is a fun and easy way to show off your love of journalism. If you have an old bag that needs a facelift, simply decoupage some newspaper clippings onto the bag for an accessory that's sure to start a conversation.
- Newspaper Planter: Don't toss that Sunday paper! Gather up yesterdays news and create this stylish Newspaper Planter. Not only do recycled newspaper projects help the environment, they're fun and easy to make, give, or keep for yourself!
- Recycled Newspaper Favor: Having a "green" party? Want to save some money on party favors? Well newspaper crafts like this are a great green craft to help you save some green! Simply convert newspaper sheets into little favor bags that you can fill with candy or toys. This is a great DIY wedding project or a cute way to keep kids entertained at a birthday party or scout event.
- Custom Couple Silhouette: Although this picture shows a map in the backgroud, you could easily obtain a similar look with a newspaper or magazine background. This Custom Couple Silhouette makes a great gift for a newly married couple or something to give your loved one for Valentine's Day.
- Recycled Newspaper Beads: Who would have thought that old news could be so stylish! These recycled newspaper beads are a great way to convert old newspaper sheets into stylish necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and more. Alter the shape of your clipping to create beads of different sizes.
- Upcycled Newspaper Earrings: Upcycle a brown paper bag and your daily newspaper to create your own Upcycled Newspaper Earrings. Newspaper crafts like this help you recycle commonly used materials and save money on supplies. These earrings make wonderful gifts for all the ladies in your life, and they're so inexpensive and easy to make!
- Awesome Comic Wrapped Decorative Balls: This is a fun and easy project that kids will love. Recycle your favorite comic strip from the newspaper or a comic book and decoupage them on to STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam balls. Kids will love picking out their own design and displaying these in their rooms. You could also use magazines or old book pages for a look that suits you best.
- DIY Colored Pencils: Paint the town red (or whatever color you'd like!) with this easy colored pencils tutorial. DIY Colored Pencils are easy to make and are a great way to use up leftover newspaper! These make a great gift for kids and adults alike!
Click here to see our collection of 11 Ways to Make Newspaper Beads for lots of helpful suggestions on how to cut and roll your paper to create all kinds of bead shapes and designs. Also, check out our article on 9 Newspaper Crafts for other great suggestions on how to use newspaper around your home.
Tired of rereading the gossip in your weekly magazines? Before tossing them in the recycle bin, take a look at these fun magazine projects. Crafting with magazines is a great way to work through all those catalogs and magazines that you have lying around your home...so gather up all your old magazine issues and get ready to get crafty!
- Sunburst Clock: This Sunburst Clock is a great recycled craft that anyone could do! Made with old magazine pages, this cheap home decor item would look great in a living room or kids room. Use old recipe pages for a clock in the kitchen!
- Magazine Purse: Learn how to make a cool purse from magazine clippings and old blue jeans with this fun craft tutorial. Upcycle a worn pair of jeans into a fun and functional little bag and decorate it with magazine clippings. This is a great way to show off favorite photos, headlines, and other little clippings you've been saving throughout the years.
- Green Crafting Gift Wrap Bow: Made from old magazine pages, these gift wrap bows are a great way to adorn any gift package. Save money during the holidays by converting all those shopping catalogs into colorful and fun bows. Since they're made with magazine pages, no bow will be like the other, so you'll get a unique flourish every time.
- Beautiful Paper Beads: Did you know you could create beautiful beads from paper? Simply cut up strips of newspaper or magazine pages and roll them up to create lovely beads that you can make into a necklace or earring pattern. Magazine and newspaper crafts like this are great for crafters of all ages, and paper jewelry sets make great gifts for moms, teachers, friends, sisters, and more!
- Shredded Paper Frame Art: This is a fun and quick way to recycle and craft with old magazines. This is a great project for teens and a fun project for girls to do at a sleepover, at summer camp, or for girl scouts. All you need is a shadow box or frame, a shredder, and a few magazines.
- Repurposed Magazine Gift Bags: If you're wracking your brain for party favor ideas or searching for tiny present packages, collect a few pretty ads to construct these Repurposed Magazine Gift Bags. They're perfect for gifting artisan candies or jewelry and can also be filled with little candies come Easter time.
Click here to see our collection of Top 10 Recycled Magazine Crafts for even more magazine craft ideas!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Recycled Magazine Cork Board
- 1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
- Plastic Bottle Hanging Planters
- 25 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts
- 42 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls
- Plastic Bottle Birdfeeder
- What To Do With Old Jeans: 34 Recycled Crafts With Denim
- "Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts" Free eBook
- Reusable Crochet Scrubbies
- Recycled CD Coasters
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dr. Knit's Curious Creatures Book Review
- Cool Comforts Knit Throw
- Casual Cables Throw
- Color Dip Scarf
- Premier Deluxe Interchangeable Needle Set
- Mason Jar DIY Herb Garden Infographic
- Solar Robot Coloring Page
- Spring Flowers Adult Coloring Page
- Rusty the Robot Coloring Page
- Robot on the Beach Coloring Page