These little muslin snack bags are the perfect size for all your snacking needs and perfectly environmentally friendly saving all those plastic bags! Follow these instructions for sewing your own snack bags for everyday use.
- Muslin Fabric
- Embroidery Floss
- To make one cut out a 5”x12” piece of muslin fabric.
- Fold the end of the fabric a 1/2”down on one of the 5” sides and hem leaving the ends open. Repeat on the opposite end.
- Fold the cloth in half so the hemmed ends meet (stitching side out)
- Sew around the edges first with a running stitch, than with the zigzag stitch.
- Slip a 16” length of embroidery floss through the shaft to work as a drawstring and tie a knot.
- Leave the stitching on the outside so food doesn’t get caught in the thread.
- Fill the bag with yummy snacks such as nuts, dried fruit, pretzels