68 Uses for Scrapbook Paper
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
All us scrapbookers know that we have way more 12x12 sheets of paper than we actually need...so we asked our Facebook fans how they put extra paper to use...and here are the best 68 Uses for Scrapbook Paper, thanks to you!
Wanda Terry Tucker: I use them to make mod podge name plaques.
Linda Carol Price: Collage and decoupage.
Erika McInnis: I make banners for parties, cut the 12 by 12 squares into 4!
Stephanie Dinkins-King: Decorative paper to cover tiles to make coasters!
Rachel Lee: Our Girl Scout troop makes origami....they love folding paper!
Angela Henke: I use 12 x 12 scrapbook paper as backgrounds to menu boards!
Mia Everette: I use them for iris folding cards at Christmas time.
Diana Wise: I make DVD envelopes with them, and party favors and wrap presents and Pencil/Craft Holders and ATC cards and mailing envelopes.
Daryl DeLoreto: Small gift bags.
Dara Dean Rodemack: My kids have used them to make Treasure boxes with to keep their items that I would throw away, but if it's in their treasure box, mom can't touch it!
Sharon Ekstrand Cameron: I use them as a photo mat which makes a big difference in the appearance of a picture.
A Little Hut: 3D paper crafts = lanterns, wall art, "paper quilts", easels, hurricane covers, party favors. I could just go on and on! :)
Denine Cruit Blevins: I used 12 X 12 scrapbook paper as the background for a shadow-box type frame.
Nikki Rancourt: We use the pretty 12 x 12 prints, after making paper dolls out of cardstock! Fun for the granddaughters.
Barbara Jean Trahan: I use them as 3D flowers during craft time at camp.
Cynde Hogan: We used them to make baby shower invitations for my daughter.
Christine Boe: I've used them as backing in a wooden sign frame then added a friends monogram & date of marriage as a gift :)
Michelle Paolercio Borsack: In desperate moments I've used it to wrap small gifts....and if I include a matching card...it's even better and a bigger hit with the recipient.
- Daria Linderssen: I would cut this size down to design a greeting card. Or paste (or something like that) to a box to decorate the box and use the box as a storage type container. I have use wrapping paper to do that too.
Bonnie Benjamin Griffiths: We recently used them under wedding centerpieces on the tables.
Karan Cox: We used them to set centerpieces on to coordinate colors of the table coverings, and centerpieces at our Meals on Wheels Volunteer Banquet. Worked great and really made the centerpieces pop.
Debi Bodary Tuszynski: I use them to add color and design to my photo mats. It helps brighten up the photograph.
Sherrill Fulghum: The heavier scrapbook paper (card stock weight) makes great gift boxes.
Betty Jean Hammond-Wirsen: I ripped the 12 x 12s into various shapes and sizes, then glued them to a piece of plywood kind of helter-skelter, then put on family pics and all kinds of different embellishments, then attached it to a iron table base, and set tempered table glass on top. The 'theme' was 'family history', and now the table will go to my grandson when he's an adult and buys his own home. I included things like the will of one of my great grandfathers from the 1730s, wedding photos from ancestors about 130 years ago, etc. :) I don't think anyone has ever seen it that didn't want one made for their own family, children, or grandchildren.
Jonie Tauer: I have used it to help make posters for fundraisers:)
Joyce Zikursh: I've used them in a lot of different ways: mats and backgrounds for framed pictures, origami-style flowers for package embellishments, inserts/as labels for file cabinets, backing for bookmarks (before laminating.) There's so many pretty papers out there, and it's unlimited what you can use them (or their scraps) for!
Christina Wammack: I like to use them as backdrops for ETSY items, perfect size for most of my stuff and I can always find just the right theme. :)
Candice Schultz: My girls love to make homemade cards. Sometimes they fold them, sometimes not. They either trace, use paint or stamp ink to put their handprints & date it. Words from their heart & embellishments they love to do too. It's pretty cool to actually see in another way how much they have grown. I love my 4 girls! ;)
Jennifer Tavernier: Currently, paper "toggle" bead buttons!
Carmela Porcella: Paper airplanes!
Mary Misdemeanor Messeck: I use it to decoupage, and making envelopes, And picture frame borders.
Cheryl Svendsen Fold: To make a cone for May Day flowers.
Jo Thompson: Fold into 8 page/pocket mini booklets.
Rhea Botelho: Small paper lamp shades to use with small rimed wine glasses!
Tonya Miller: I make labels for things for organizing, and for my homemade bath items.
Angie Heldenbrand: I cut them and use it for price tags and hand written sale signs. I've also used it for backboard for my hairclips and bows.
JoAnn Beyer: Making envelopes for those extra big cards!
Nickola Avery: I use mine as make shift business cards. I printed up mine on bright paper and cut it down, then used the scrapbook paper to "frame" it out. It looks pretty good and cost me very little.
Laura Sisseck: “Wallpaper" for my china cabinets. I also use it as matting for picture frames.
Irene Aiello: I use them to cover my son school books...Then he can add stickers, stamps...He loves it.
Beverly Grout: I use mine for making greeting cards with matching envelopes.
Arlene Wilson Focht: Just made 3 banners for people in nursing homes. It makes their rooms look more cheerful!
Brenda Nolen Hackett: You can cut them for quilling.
Kassy Joly: Big origami pieces.
Martha McClarnon: I have just started card making and I've used some of my paper to cover my cards.
Linda G Gustafson Green: Used as backgrounds in yearbook.
Liz Boswell: I use the heavier card stock to make matchbook needle keepers, gift card holders, decorate the backside of iPhones, instead of using photos in the travel mugs that have inserts to them use scrapbooking papers.
Marilyn Brown: I make gift boxes from 12 X 12 paper. I can cut it if necessary, but it is just the right size for many wonderful handmade gifts.
L.r. Smith: All the 3D things on the Cricut Cartridges!!
Caroline Dave Goddard: I use them to make a birthday book and for pocket cards and exploding boxes.
Joanne Zabohonski Deschenes: Cut into shapes and decoupage.
Latisha Guffey Avsec: I use them for water bottles, I print out an adhesive tag to go on it and they come out so nice for the kiddos! For the water bottles, I cover them with regular clear contact paper and they are really nice!
Debbie Marie Lefebvre: Oragami and paper flowers.
Jackie Woolf: As background for a silhouette picture. I did one with a butterfly and a bird - came out really cool looking. Would be really cool with a child's silhouette, too. The combinations are endless considering you could use any color for the silhouette, just as long as it really shows up against the background paper. OR you could use the paper to cut out a silhouette and use black as the background...that would be cool as well.
Deb Wynne Wall: Paper for my girls doll house.
Andria Lightner: I make homemade gift bows with mine! It's really simple, strips of pretty paper and a brad.
Lynn Bice Susmilch: Doll house wall paper.
Cathy Pugh Peek: Just purchased rust-colored ones to cut out "clay" pots for a math game for my preschoolers. The paper flowers on Popsicle sticks were made from shades of pink and lilac scrapbook paper too. The kids are learning number values and one-to-one number correspondence; top of pots were left unglued so correct number of flowers could be inserted to match the number written on outside of pot.
Lorraine Gibeault: I sometimes use it instead of wrapping paper, the patterns on the papers are a lot better. It is just the right size for a small gift.
Cindy Bailey: I make my own business cards out of scrapbook paper. I figure that a "crafty" person should put a little more creativity into their business cards, so I cut the paper 3 rows across, about 5 or 6 rows down, print my info with permanent marker, then paint a small, simple design with acrylic paint. Very unique.
Barbara Wilson: I work with two year olds. We use it in a lot of our craft projects. They like to use it instead of regular paper.
Jennifer Thomas Bogart: Cut into 1/8“ strips and quill!
Karen Briley: I make paper beads! Amazing what patterns you can end up with!
Maureen Murdock Wilson: Altering. Clocks, dresser drawers, shoe boxes, notebooks, etc.
Nancy Hobold: You can make really nice coasters by decoupaging it on 4 x 4 ceramic tiles to match any decor. My granddaughter and I used it to make neat valentine boxes.
Wanda Burnell: I use them to decorate little birdhouses for in the house, scraps for greeting cards, for mats and backgrounds for pictures.
Theresa Burrill Lacko: I have envelope templates and use scrapbook paper to make pretty wrapping for gift cards, etc.
- Mette Buchreitz: If single-color background... write something repeating it all around the paper or print with fingers, tubes, potatoes or whatever else you like... and use the paper to wrap your gifts!
Here are a few BONUS projects from FaveCrafts to help you use up all that extra scrapbook paper:
After School Tray
Blue and Brown Circle Wall Art
Decoupaged Canister Set
Dramatic Floral Tissue Box
- Family Secrets Recipe Book
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
- 25 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts
- Plastic Bottle Birdfeeder
- What To Do With Old Jeans: 29 Recycled Crafts With Denim
- Wise Owl Purse
- 38 Ways to Use Up Yarn Scraps + 18 Scrap Yarn Projects
- How to Make a Purse from Plastic Bags
- 36 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls
- CD Cupcake Stand
- 14 Creative Uses for Mesh Produce Bags
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
- Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws
- Jewelry for You! How to Make Handmade Beaded Bracelets and Necklaces
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- How To Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- Perfect for Christmas Gift Giving: 6 'Gift in a Jar' Ideas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- Creative Ideas for the Holiday Home
- 22 Summer Crafts for Kids
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Baby Love
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- How to Knit: Beginner Knitting Help and 7 Free Patterns
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Easter Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- How To Halloween: Projects from Bloggers
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Creative Crafting all Year Round: Crafts to Celebrate the Holidays
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Mother's Day Crafting: Blogger Edition
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Father's Day Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Beautiful Beads
- 20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
- Fun with Fabric Dye
- 24 Simple Scrapbooking Layouts
- Garden Crafts
- 42 Ways to Recycle
- 31 Cupcake Inspired Creations
- Project Ideas for All Occasions From Paper to Fabric
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- Sewing for Beginners
- Graduation Crafts
- DIY Wedding
- 33 Summer Wedding Ideas
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- Cheap Home Decor: Crafting with Paper
- Great Decor in a Flash Without a Lot of Cash
- Low-Cost Clothing Crafts
- Inexpensive Home Decor
- Cheap and Easy Crafts
- Low-Cost Kitchen Crafts
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Crafting With The Craftwell eCraft and eBosser: Scrapbooking, Paper Crafts, and So Much More
- 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter - The Ultimate Craft Guide
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers, & More
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- How to Make a Purse: 20 Patterns for Sewing Totes, Bags and More
- 17 Easy Crafts with Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Welcome to Our Home: Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart
- 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Dcor and More
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- How to Make Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- Thanksgiving Crafts
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas
- 24 Polymer Clay Tutorials: Polymer Clay Jewelry, Home Decor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects from DecoArt
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Idea
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Craft Ideas and Projects
- 38 Holiday Crafts: Holiday Decorating Ideas for Every Season
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing craft Ideas
- 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects: Jewelry, Gifts & Decorations for the Holidays
- Great Gift Ideas: Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How to Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions & Techniques
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How To Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions And Techniques