19 Great Trash to Treasure Crafts
By: Melissa Conner
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
These awesome 19 trash to treasure crafts are a great way to create something new and recycle at the same time. Why not use the things that we already have and make great gifts out of them? These Earth friendly crafts are a responsible way to enjoy crafting and certainly a lot cheaper than buying all new materials! Crafts made from recycled materials are the best way to help save the Earth from piling up trash and be creative at the same time!
There are so many things that people throw away every day. What if we could use these things to create crafts? Our bottles could become art, our paper could become decorations, and our containers could be used again to hold new things in completely new ways. Now it can be true! Look through our list of great trash to treasure crafts and find one that you want to try today!
19 Great Trash to Treasure Crafts Table of Contents
Bottle Cap Crosses - These homemade crafts will recycle your old bottle caps and make something meaningful and beautiful for you to wear. Make one for your friend so that you can wear them together!
Bottle Cap Wine Glass Charms - These adorable wine glass charms will help you to know which glass of wine is yours. Plus, it's a great conversation starter. People will be amazed that you made them yourself out of recycled bottle caps!
Plastic Bottle Lid Art - This tasteful bit of art is made with recycled plastic bottle tops. It's wonderful to make something beautiful out of what would otherwise just be garbage.
Smashed Soda Can Animals - Cute and easy, these soda can animals are a great craft for kids and adults alike. Decorate your house with these funny animals and know that you are making use of a can that would otherwise probably end up in a landfill.
Soda Can Coasters - These easily recognizable coasters will make guests smile. Show off your love for your favorite soda brands with these homemade coasters. Because soda companies change their logos, you can make multiple ones over time to show your longtime devotion to your soda of choice.
Brown Bag Place Mat - Finally make use of your brown paper bags from the grocery store with this creative trash to treasure craft! It guides you through every step to make your old brown paper bags into attractive homemade place mats.
Colorful Paper Pens - Use old paper to decorate otherwise boring pens. Use your creativity to make each pen a little different. Before long, you'll have a favorite for every day of the week!
Green Crafting Gift Wrap Bow - Tired of buying holiday bows every single year? Well break the cycle once and for all. These attractive gift wrap bows are made completely out of old magazine paper. Save money, demonstrate your creativity, and get the job done all at the same time!
Pizza Box Art - Pizza boxes have no real use after they are thrown away, so rescue them with this artistic craft. Turn your pizza boxes into canvases that will hold your creative thoughts. Even use scraps of old paper to make a collage!
Daisy Container - This adorable container is made from an old plastic container. Make use of what would usually be thrown away by transforming it into something beautiful!
Oatmeal Box Pencil Holder - Enjoy your oatmeal every morning? Well use that container after you are done to make a great pencil holder. Decorate it in your own unique way to make it 100% yours.
Recycled Yogurt Cup Bud Vase - There is nothing like the feeling of nurturing new life. Take an old yogurt cup and make a bud vase out of it. Not only will it look attractive and be fun to make, but it also saves the yogurt container from spending an eternity in a landfill.
- Altered Cookie Tin - Make use of an old cookie tin to make this neat container for whatever treasures you may want to keep. Decorate it any way you want! It's all up to you, the artist!
Upcycled Denim Tote Bag - If you can't bear to part with those ill-fitting jeans, use them to create something completely new. Scrap fabric crafts are a great way to save on fabric and breathe new life into old or sentimental items. Carry this tote to the mall or grocery store - it's big enough to hold all of your essentials.
Place Mat Purse - Bought one too many place mats? Save it and use it to create a pretty purse. This sewing pattern shows that crafts from recycled materials can be just as stylish as their store-bought counterparts.
Place Mat Travel Jewelry Case - Never lose an expensive piece of jewelry again. This case will help you stay organized when traveling. If you are looking for quick and easy trash to treasure ideas, you'll love this fun project.
Easy Shirt Necklace - No yarn? No problem. Kids and adults alike love these easy recycled crafts and this one is super easy. In fact, you can make this project in just minutes, making it the afternoon project. If you have old shirts, you can make all kinds of trash to treasure crafts.
Repurposed Fabric Tote - For these scrap fabric crafts, you won't need to buy anything. Use what you already have and create this delightful bag. This is also a great gift idea for a fashionable friend.
Denim Needle Case - Looking for crafts from recycled materials? You're sure to love this eco-friendly and frugal craft idea. In fact, you can store all of your sewing essentials in this case, making organization a snap.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Recycled Decoupage Luminary Jars
- 17 Easy Crafts with Mason Jars
- "20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Decor and More" free eBook
- 674 Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- 21 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts
- Sparkle Fairies
- 27 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls
- Reusable Crochet Scrubbies
- Brown Bag Handle Bracelet
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie