11 Earth Day Projects + 11 New Ideas
By: Melissa Conner
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Earth Day is a time to celebrate and honor this awesome planet of ours...and we have a great collection of recycled crafts that you can make in honor of Mother Earth with items that are sitting in your recycling bin right now! From crafts for wine bottles to fun ways to reuse sweaters and jeans, these 22 Earth Day projects are a great way to keep garbage out of landfills while adding some fun decor to your home!
Looking for some crafts for wine bottles to help make some room in your recycling bin? Well you're in luck! In our Crafts for Wine Bottles, Corks, and Caps section, we have a whole bunch of ways that you can reuse and recycle glass bottles, beer caps, and more. This Faux Dichroic Glass Recycled Bottle is a great wine bottle craft that's perfect for giving. With some colorful clay and an empty bottle, you can create an elegant olive oil jar, a vase, or whatever you feel like making! This would also make a great housewarming gift if you present it with a freshly baked loaf of bread.
Spring is also the start of spring cleaning...and we all either start with or dread cleaning out the closet. When you do get to working through your clothes, don't be too quick to toss out those old jeans! These Denim Pot Holders are a great way to get some use out of jeans that are ripped in the leg or that have a broken zipper. In our section on Go Grene Craft Ideas for Clothing, we have projects to help you reuse and repurpose old sweaters, tee-shirts, socks, and more. This Earth Day, keep fabric out of the landfills by reusing it to crate something functional or stylish!
Thrifty crafters are known for hanging on to canisters, jars, and cans. Not only are they great for repurposing, but they make awesome organizational units for craft and art supplies. This Daisy Container can do double duty as an method of craft storage or as a way to present a gift of homemade cookies or candy. This is just one of our Trash to Treasure Ideas for Containers that we have in our collection of Earth Day crafts. After reading about what you can do with a simple oatmeal container or a collection of coffee cups, you'll find yourself looking for fun ways to reuse all your recycleables!
Need a recycling craft for kids? These Aluminium Can Recycling Crafts are a great way to introduce Earth Day and recycling to young children. Kids will love making these Smashed Soda Can Animals. They are the perfect tool to help to teach kids to look at every day items in a new way, and what kid wouldn't love smashing pop cans for fun?
So this April, show Mother Earth some love (and save some green of your own) by making one or more of these fun Earth Day crafts!
11 Earth Day Projects + 11 New Ideas Table of Contents
Wondering what to do with old bottles, corks, bottle caps and more? Well we have projects with wine bottles that are perfect for decorating, gift giving, and more. We have cork crafts that will help you get your life organized, and bottle cap crafts that make beautiful art pieces. So pour yourself a glass of vino and get inspired with these cork, cap, and wine bottle crafts!
- Plastic Bottle Lid Art: Bottle cap crafts make great decor pieces. This contemporary art piece combines caps, lids, buttons, and beads to make a unique and beautiful piece of artwork. Celebrate Earth Day and every day with this colorful canvas!
- Plastic Bottle Bird Feeder: Instead of sending more plastic to the landfill, turn a plastic bottle into a fun and functional birdfeeder. Crafts with water bottles or pop bottles are great to use both indoors and out!
- Bottle Cap Crosses: Use bottle caps and family pictures to create crosses full of reminders of what to be thankful for. These crosses are a great activity for Bible studies and families to make together. Turn these into ornaments or magnets to give or keep to decorate your own home.
- NEW! Faux Dichroic Glass Recycled Bottle: You can create beautiful crafts from wine bottles, like this faux dichroic glass bottle. Fill it with olive oil or just leave it as decoration. It's amazing what you can do with a little clay!
- NEW! Wine Cork Board: Turn old wine corks into a fabulous, rustic-looking cork board. This is a great housewarming gift or a way to just use up those wine corks! So pour yourself a glass and check out these cool things to make with wine bottles and corks!
Looking for some fun fabric scrap crafts? Maybe a way to use an old pair of jeans? Well we have lots of projects you can make using old worn out clothes. These fabric themed Earth Day crafts are a great way to jump start your spring cleaning, too! Head into that closet and start making a pile of clothes to craft with!
- Recycled Sweater Throw Pillows: Recycled crafts are a great way to reuse what you have already on hand. These throw pillows, for example, are made with thrift store sweaters...so they're unique and comfy to lay on. This Earth Day project is fun and easy to make.
- Denim Pot Holders: Are those raggidy jeans finally ready to retire? Turn them into pot holders! These denim pot holders are a project waiting to happen, since the pockets in jeans already lend themselves to a great mitten project.
- Eco-Friendly Shirt: Pass on the good word to "Think Green!" with this fun easy to make t-shirt. Go green craft ideas like this are a great way to spread the word on Earth Day, so make one for yourself and all your friends!
- NEW! Drawstring Sock Pouch: Do you have a collection of socks with missing mates? Turn them into these cute drawstring pouches, perfect for gift giving! Recycled crafts are not only fun and easy to make, they're a great way to jump start your spring cleaning, too!
- NEW! T-Shirt Necklace: Turn old shirts into stylish accessories! This t-shirt necklace is made simply by cutting and stretching old shirts. These make for fun recycled art projects for kids as well. Teach them how to reduce, reuse, and recycle this Earth Day with this fun project.
- NEW! Recycled Wool Sweater Beads: If you have an old wool sweater that has seen better days, you can turn it into fun beads, perfect for making necklaces or bracelets! Mix and match your new wool beads with other beads you have in your collection to create some fun and unique jewelry designs that everyone will love.
We're all guilty of hanging on to that oatmeal container...stashing those fun coffee mugs for a new project that has yet to inspire us. Well, here are some great ways to use those jars and canisters that you've been saving. Get organized and get crafty with these easy upcycled projects!
- Recycled Yogurt Cup Bud Vase: This vase is great for going green! Crafts for kids, like this plastic container vase, are perfect for Earth Day because they teach kids how to reuse everyday items and turn them into something new and exciting!
- Daisy Container: Turn an old coffee container or oatmeal container into a lovely daisy container. This is great for holding anything you wish like kitchen utensils, gardening materials or even snack treats.
- Oatmeal Box Pencil Holder: Oatmeal containers are great for storage and organization. Create these fun pencil holders for all your friends and family. They and Mother Earth will thank you!
- NEW! Altered Cookie Tin: Turn an empty cookie tin or similar cylinder container into a beautiful altered project with fabric and cardstock. You could even refill it with homemade cookies and give it as a gift! The possibilties are endless!
- NEW! Coffee Cup Tool Carrier: Coffee lovers, this is the perfect project for you. Save your stash of (unused) paper cups and create a Coffee Cup Tool Carrier. This is a great way to integrate Earth Day crafts into your everyday life. In fact, you can make this anytime of year!
- NEW! Drink Carton Gift Box: Follow this eco-friendly craft design to upcycle an empty drink carton into a colorful gift box. Use it to package homemade gifts of cookies or other snacks. You can even use these cartons as growing kit gifts, with soil and a seed packet...perfect for Earth Day or Arbor Day!
If you're teaching the benefits of going green, crafts for kids are great ways to get started. These pop can crafts are easy and Earth friendly, so they're the perfect way to craft for, celebrate, and honor Earth Day.
- Recycled Tin Can Luminaries: Create a beautiful mood with these tin can luminaries. Hang them from your trees or line your walkway with them to create the perfect setting for Halloween, a wedding, or an elegant dinner party.
- Smashed Soda Can Animals: Here's a great project to teach kids to go green! Crafts for kids, like these Smashed Soda Can Animals, teach kids to look at something with a new light...the ultimate in trash to treasure ideas! Plus kids will love smashing those cans!
- NEW! Repurposed Soda Can Wall Art: Before you toss your soda can, take a second to consider the creative possibilities! Make Repurposed Soda Can Wall Art and find a sense of empowerment! Repurposing materials for crafts like this is a great green option and a fun way to add unique decor to your home.
- NEW! Soda Can Butterfly Pin: Butterflies are a great symbol of spring and nature, so what better craft to do for Earth Day? Made from a pop can, this colorful butterfly pin reminds us to see the beauty in everything.
- NEW! Soda Can Coasters: Keep rings off your table by turning empty cans into coasters! Thrifty crafts like this make great gifts and fun conversation pieces. Collect unique pop cans to make a set that, well, pops!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie
- Purrfect Winter Beanie