Sweet Candy Shaker
By: Melony Bradley for Uchida of America, Corp.
These adorable candy shakers from Uchida of America make a great candygram for that special someone or as a gift for kids!
- Marvy® Deco Just Glitter Fabric Marker
- Marvy® Clever Lever Super Jumbo Craft Punch - Country Heart, Extra Jumbo Flower, Standard Circle
- Marvy® Heritage Ink Pad- Dark Walnut
- Marvy® Long Reach Punch 1/16” circle
- Marvy® Memories Le Plume Pigmented- Black
- Marvy® Garden Craft Marker- 6mm, red
- STYROFOAM® brand foam 1/2 sheet
- Scenic Route Paper Company double sided patterned papers - Charlotte Spring Street Floral, Balsa Harbor Wave
- Scotch™ Transparent Sheets for Scrapbooking and Paper Crafting
- Beacon™ Adhesives Zip Dry™ Paper Glue
- Sequin pins
- Heavy cardstock or chipboard
- Cardstock- red, brown, light pink
- Wood skewer
- PC, computer and font
- Glue dot
- Marvy® Super Hotwire Foam Cutter
- Marvy® Squishy Scissors
- Marvy® Paper Trimming Buddy
- Cut Styrofoam sheet to 6” square. Use paper trimmer to trim patterned paper to three 6” squares.
- Cut front and back flower patterns from heavy cardstock or chipboard. Punch holes in petals and around center opening. Secure front flower pattern to Styrofoam with sequin pins. Using hotwire foam cutter, carefully run wire along edges of chipboard to cut flower shape. Remove pins and chipboard.
- Use Le Plume marker to trace chipboard front and back chipboard flower shapes on wrong side of patterned paper. Trace circle and circle opening from third piece of patterned paper square. Cut all out with scissors.
- Cut transparent sheet to 2 1/2” square. Place glue on edges of square and adhere to center opening on Styrofoam flower. Ink edges of paper flower and circle for front of flower and glue to Styrofoam flower. Glue circle over opening. Allow glue to set.
- Cut a 1/2 x 2 strip of red cardstock. Score in half. Glue to the opening at the side of the flower. Glue remaining paper flower to back of flower. Use Just glitter marker to decorate patterned paper as desired.
- Punch one flower from the brown cardstock. Punch one circle and one heart from the red cardstock. Line edges of flower and heart with the glitter marker. Color red circle with marker. Curl edges of flower for a realistic effect.
- Print the poem below on pink cardstock. Trim and ink edges with brown ink. Layer poem, heart, flower and circle for flower center and glue to front of large flower.
- Color skewer with red Garden Craft marker. Insert into flower and secure with glue if desired. Place candies through opening of flower to fill. Close flower with glue dot.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!