In need of a little "me" time? Trying to save up to indulge yourself? This cute craft project isa great girly handmade gift, and it will make waiting until you have enough money a little bit easier with this fun bank project.
- Primas™ – pre-punched assorted flowers
- Brads with rhinestones
- Rhinestones with self adhesive backs
- Stampin’Up™! Bubble Queen Set, alphabet and single flower
- Stampin’Up! – Petals & Paisleys – Reversible Stripes/dots/paisley/flowers
- Solid card stock in light pink, olive green & aqua
- Paper Trimmer
- Black Ink Pad
- Hole Punch
- Colored Pencils
- Elmer’s spray adhesive
- Glue Stick
- 3D foam blocks
- Precut card stock tag, 3" x 1 3/4"
- Blue Grosgrain Ribbon
- From a 12” x 12” piece of paisley paper cut a 6 3/4” x 6 3/4” square to cover the front of the KraftyBlok™.
- Next cut a 6 1/2 “ x 6 1/2” square of aqua card stock and center it on top of the paisley paper, glue into place.
- Cut a 2 3/4” x 6 1/2” strip of pink polka-dot paper and place 7/8” down from the top of the aqua paper, glue into place.
- Cut 1/2” x 6 1/2” and 1/2” x 2” strips of the multi-colored striped paper. Arrange shorter strip at the top of the pink polka-dot paper and the longer strip at the bottom, glue into place. Use image for placement.
- Using a hole punch, create three circles out of the multi-colored striped paper. Place circles next to the shorter strip.
- Cut a 1 1/2” x 2” rectangle from the striped paper. Stamp with “find joy in the little things.” Glue to an olive green tag and embellish tag with a light blue grosgrain ribbon and a pink rhinestone brad. Affix to the top corner of the design layout.
- Stamp a piece of pink card stock with the “Bubble Queen”stamp. Using colored pencils lightly color the stamped image. Cut around the perimeter of the stamp leaving a 1/4” border. Glue pink stamped paper on top of olive green card stock and glue. Cut around the perimeter of the pink leaving about a 1/4” border. Angle and glue to the bottom of the design layout.
- Stamp or free-hand the words “Spa Day Fund” on the pink polka-dotted paper.
- Finish the front by stamping a flower in the upper left and lower right hand corners of the design layout.
- Finish by embellishing with punched flowers and rhinestone brads.
Sides and Top:
- Cut two 10” x 1 3/4” strips (side panels) from the pink flower paper and two 2 1/2” x 1 3/4” strips (top panel) from the multi-colored striped paper. These will act as the side and top panels for the bank.
- Cut one 7 3/4” x 1 3/4” strip of aqua card stock and one 7 3/4” x 1 3/4” strip of olive green card stock. Place smaller strips on top of the larger strips and glue into place. Embellish with punched flowers and brads.
- Use foam 3D blocks to add dimension to the flowers.
- Cover crafting area with newspaper. When working with spray adhesive make sure the area is well ventilated.
- Place the KraftyBlok™ on top of newspaper with stopper-top opening facing up.
- Using spray adhesive spray the back of the front panel. Place front panel on the face of the KaftyBlok™, press gently to secure.
- Spray the backs of the top and side panels in the same fashion and press into place
- Cut, embellish & lay out your design on your work surface first. Once you are happy with your design, adhere together, and then glue all panels to your KraftyBlok™.