Princess Diaries Album & Purse
By: By Linda Peterson for Amaco
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Celebrate the birthdays of a little princess or even sisters with a folding photo album and matching purse from AMACO. This makes a great gift for that girly girl.
- FIMO® Soft – Black
- WireForm® Soft Metal Rods—Brass
- WireForm® Modeling Wire—Thin Aluminum
- ArtEmboss® Soft Metal Sheets Medium Aluminum
- AMACO® Slice ‘n Bake Mini- Canes—Flowers
- AMACO® Keepsakes & Cards— 50125P
- AMACO® Keepsakes & Cards— 50121K
- AMACO® Metal Accent Sheets— Design #1
- AMACO® Outline Specialty Stickers—Flowers, Butterflies and Dragonflies, Sentiments
- AMACO® Fun Wire™—24 gauge Copper
- AMACO® Fun Wire™—24 gauge Silver
- AMACO® Craft wire—26 gauge Silver
- Jacquard Pearl Ex Powder— Metallic Rust
- Jacquard Pinata Ink—Magenta & Tangerine
- Jacuard Lumiere Paint—Gold
- McGill square paper punch and round hole punch
- Die-cutting machine and dies of choice (optional)
- Paper in color of choice
- White board
- Misc. beads and jump rings
- Krylon 18kt Gold leafing pen
- Judy’s Stone House Designs— suitcase purse CPD-006
- Rubber stamp words of choice
- Tacky glue
- Plaid Mod Podge
- Sponge brush
- Wet wipes
- Make up sponges
- ThermOWeb foam strips
- Double stick tape
- Needle tool
- Flower Canes- Slice canes into 1/4" thick sections. Poke hole with piercing pin front to back. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool. Press wire thru hole and twist once. Add a bead, create a loop and twist to secure. Trim excess wire. Repeat for 9 pieces.
- Journal- Cut 5 pieces of white board 41/2" by 7". Cut whiteboard 31/2" x 41/2". Cover each side with paper using Mod Podge. Cover the smaller white board with a contrasting color than the front. Allow to dry.
- Front and Back Covers- Punch holes with square punch 1/4" from top and bottom. Punch another hole 2" from top hole and 2" from bottom. Punch remaining hole in the center. Inside pages: repeat above steps but punch holes on both sides of pages.
- Princess Wire Letters- Bend brass rod with pliers to form individual letters. Hammer letters flat with a needle tool. Thread from back side thru hole, over letter and down thru hole on other side. Twist ends to secure and trim excess. Repeat until all the letters have been fastened to the board.
- Arrange letters onto small covered white board. Mark holes with pencil on each side of letters. Poke nine holes along bottom edge. Add Flower cane charms using jump ring. Apply foam strip and press to front of album.
- Wire Flower Embellishments- Peel off large flower outline and apply to wire mesh. Cut out with scissors. Glue a flower cane bead to center. Attach to front of journal where desired with tacky glue. Repeat for smaller flower.
- Inside Pages- Decorate inside pages with a coordinating paper color:
Page one: Apply photo. Dab magenta alcohol inks to metal accent sheet. Cut out border of choice from accent sheet. Apply over picture. Embellish with butterfly stickers by applying over copper mesh and cut out.
Page two: Write a phrase of choice with marker onto a 3" x 3" square of ArtEmboss® Aluminum. Accent with Aluminum rods in the shape of heart and squiggle. Accent with mini cane beads.
Page three: Die cut embellishment of choice from aluminum ArtEmboss®. Apply ink to color as desired. Add to page. Cut out corner embellishment from Metal Accent Sheet. Apply to one corner of picture. Apply sentiment of choice from sticker sheet.
Page four: Apply photo to dark gold metal sheet from Keepsakes & Cards package. Trim leaving a 1/4" border. Apply un-inked Metal Accent Sheet strip over picture and embellish with die cut butterflies from metal. Apply sentiment of choice from sticker sheet.
Page five: Add beads and flower canes of choice to wire. Apply strip of Metal Accent Sheet border to picture. Place beaded wire onto page where desired.
Bind diary by coiling wire in through holes of pages to create an accordion album.
- Purse- Decopauge paper over entire surface of purse inside and out. Apply photos where desired. Add metal accent sheet strips. Highlight edges with Lumiere gold paint.
- Create tag shape from white board. Add double stick tape front and back. Shape flower from silver Fun Wire™. Place on tape. Place a piece of aluminum to top and cut out. Burnish down and around the flower shape to highlight. Color with alcohol inks.
- Apply shape to front of purse with foam strips. Zig-zag and coil WireForm aluminum rods into desired free form shape and attach with glue.
- Flatten black clay and stamp in words of choice. Apply Pearl Ex powder to words and bake for 30 minutes at 265 degrees.
- Paint wooden beads on handle with lumiure paint.
- Apply all embellishments to purse where desired with tacky glue. Allow to dry.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 44 Easy Craft Projects For Adults
- DIY Guitar Picks
- "17 Easy Crafts With Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn" free eBook
- Beaded Book Thong
- Crystal Beads Bracelet
- No Sew Fabric Bookmarks
- Bead and Ribbon Bookmark
- 23 DIY Geeky Gifts for Nerds
- Boutique Paper Gift Bags
- Chalk Paint Garden Pots
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 22 DIY Beaded Ornaments
- Gorgeous Vintage Jewelry Ornament
- Mini Mollie Mini Mandalas
- Easy Wooden Farmhouse Sign
- Harvest Wreath
- Design Your Own Handmade Quilt Pattern
- Pine Cone Candle Wreath
- Turkey Welcome Wreath
- Twine and Berry Fall Wreath
- Printable Wedding Invitations