Love Pop up Card
By: Carolyn Summers for Posh Impressions
Use this technique to create a pop-up card from Posh Impressions with a popping message of "Love" and pretty, coordinating floral stamps. This pop-up is very simple for those new to the technique. Your card recipient is sure to be pleasantly surprised.
- POSH Vertical Inspirations HUGS and LOVE plate
- Glossy white card stock
- Medium blue (cornflower blue) card stock
- Marvy markers (blue, green, red and black)
- Palette Cote d’Azure blue ink pad
- Black StazOn Ink Pad
- Scoring tool
- Metal ruler
- X-Acto knife
- Adhesive of choice
- Cut an 8-1/2 by 11-inch sheet of glossy cardstock in half. Score center of one section and fold with the glossy side to the center. The glossy on the inside will support the pop-up section and accepts the image better than the matte side.
- Using the half sheet of cardstock with glossy folded in, measure down 1-1/2 inches from the top and 1-1/2 inches up from the bottom and mark with a pencil; draw a line one inch from these marks towards the right side of the folded card and cut, using a metal ruler and X-Acto blade. Score the middle section of the cut and fold down the crease. This “pop-out” will support your LOVE message.
- Color the corn flower image with markers, blending the medium and light blue for the flower and two shades of green for the stem and leaves and stamp the inside of the glossy card, approximately in the center. (Note: The idea is for the pop-up section to hide this image until the card is fully opened so you want to stamp the image accordingly.) Ink the small lady bug with red and black and add it to the hidden image.
- Cut the second half sheet of white glossy card stock with one piece measuring 5-1/4 inches by 4 inches to use for the front of the card. Stamp the flower and lady bug on this glossy white card identical to the inside; however, move the image towards the right-hand edge.
- Take a full sheet of “cornflower blue” cardstock and cut to 5-1/2 inches by 6-1/4 inches. Score at 4-1/4 inches and fold. This will cover the prepared center card. The small section will wrap over and around the back and cover the cut-out when the card is opened.
- Cut two strips of the blue cardstock 2 inches by 5-1/4 inches to use as a border for the two verses, HUGS and LOVE. Cut two strips of glossy white card 4-3/4 inches by 1-3/4 inches. Using the screen image, ink with Palette blue dye ink and stamp the two white strips. When dry, ink the verse images with StazOn black and over stamp the two panels. When dry layer on top of the blue panels.
- Assemble the card as shown, using caution not to add adhesive to the back blue panel that covers the pop-out section.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!