Friendship Mobile and Frame
By: Roxi Phillips for Krylon
The cute friendship mobile and frame from Krylon make great best friend gift ideas! Whip up a handmade mobile and matching frame to give to your best buddy. Make sure to include a picture of the two of you!
- Krylon Brights - Bright Blue (#9920)
- Krylon Brights - Bright Pink (#9921)
- Krylon Brights - Bright Orange (#9922)
- Krylon Brights - Bright Yellow (#9923)
- Krylon Brights - Bright Green (#9924)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - Gloss White (#SCS053)
- Dimensional glitter fabric paint
- Chipboard letters
- Embroidery Hoops: 8”, 4”
- Chipboard flowers (Maya Road Chipboard Blossoms III)
- Picture Frame
- Ranger Industries non-stick Craft Sheet
- Ribbon: 1” stripe (5yds), 3/8” organdy white (3’)
- Rub-Ons: Friends
- Terrifically Tacky Tape: 1/4”
- Transparency Film
- Paint chipboard flowers and letters with Brights Pens; let dry. Lay flowers on non-stick craft sheet and fill openings with dimensional glitter paint; let dry completely then carefully peel off craft sheet leaving paint intact in center of flower openings.
- For mobile, wrap embroidery hoops with striped ribbon, secure with Tacky Tape. Attach hoops together by tying with a bow at top. Use outside of large hoop as a template and cut circle from transparency film; adhere to back of hoops with Tacky Tape. Arrange letters and flowers on transparency and secure with Tack Tape.
- Attach two flowers to each of three 8” lengths of organdy ribbon, and adhere to back of large hoop with Tacky Tape.
- For frame, remove glass from frame and spray with Gloss White; let dry. Embellish border of frame with Brights Pens.
- Adhere chipboard flowers to frame with Tacky Tape.
- Apply Rub-Ons according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Insert glass and photo back into frame.