This is a beautiful DIY craft that acrylics and liquid beadz help make it look perfect. It's great for a shower or wedding gift along with a house warming gift. It's reusable and can be used all year round.
- Liquid Beadz
- BE02C - Silver
- BE08C - Crystal Transparent
- Americana Acrylics
- Palette Knife
- Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- Americana Brushes
- Small, rounded vase or candleholder
- Black ribbon
- Paper towels
- Hair dryer
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Tack cloth
- Masking tape
- Tracing and transfer paper
- Bath towel (optional)
- Jardin glass vase
- Wood tray with scalloped edge
- Wash glass pieces in warm, soapy water and rinse with 1:1 vinegar/water mix. Dry thoroughly.
- Adjust patterns to fit glass pieces.
- Sand wooden tray lightly with fine sandpaper. Wipe with tack cloth.
Note: Use hair dryer on low setting for a few minutes to set Beadz where noted.
- Tape patterns inside vases. Place each vase on its side in folded bath towel to keep from rolling.
- Use palette knife and toothpick to scoop and place Beadz following pattern. Do small sections at a time and set with hair dryer before moving on to next section. Do one side of the vase and allow to dry thoroughly before beginning on other side of vase.
- Repeat previous instructions for remaining areas of large and small vases. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use 3/4" brush and Antique Rose to basecoat tray. Allow to dry.
- Trace and transfer pattern.
- Working on small sections at a time, use palette knife and toothpick to scoop and place Crystal Beadz over pattern. Set Beadz after each application.
- Allow all Beadz to dry thoroughly.
- Mist tray with Americana Gloss Spray Sealer, allowing to dry between coats.
- Propping up the tray while working on the sides and allowing it to dry is advised.
- Micro Beadz can be applied using a soft plastic squeeze bottle with applicator tip. The bottle will need to have a tip opening of 1/4" to allow Beadz to pass through. Discount stores and beauty supply stores usually carry these bottles.