Give your friend the gift of encouragement with these easy homemade gift ideas. The Friendship Jar is possibly the thriftiest, easiest of the homemade gifts to make.
- Decorative Jar with wide mouth
- Ribbon or other embellishment
- Handwritten or computer generated positive words on slips of paper
- Pen or Computer with printer
- Scissors or Fiskars Personal Trimmer
- You can find fun jars at thrift shops and garage sales, you just want a wide mouth jar so it’s easy to put your slips of paper in and out of the jar. You can tie ribbon or embellish the jar with your favorites.
- Handwritten messages: Cut slips of paper with scissors or personal trimmer. You can use one color of paper or use several, personalize this to the event or person getting the Friendship Jar. Write out positive words or statements. For example if this is for a special aunt you could write out all the things you love about her from her pretty smile to her fabulous chocolate chip cookies. Fold up the slips of paper and place in jar. I always recommend handwritten notes because the message and words just seem more unique written by you!
- Computer generated messages: This is easy and quick, and if you are a neat freak using a computer will make you happier. Have fun and play with fonts and font size! Write out positive messages and words like described in Step 2. Print. Using your scissors or personal trimmer cut into slips of paper, fold, and place in jar!