Colorful Gift Bag and Tag
By: Sue Stover for Jacquard Products
Liven up any plain gift bag and tag with Pearl Ex Stamp Pads and colored paper from Jacquard Products! It’s easy and fun!
- White paper bag and tag by Paper Reflections
- Jacquard Pearl Ex Stamp Pads (Black, Two-Tone Gold/Violet)
- Colored construction paper
- Colored ribbon
- Large zigzag scissors and straight scissors
- Pastel Vellum Papers by Hot Off the Press
- Rubber stamps (stars by Hero Arts, all others by Stampa Rosa)
- With the Black Pearl Ex Stamp pad and a star stamp, stamp a pattern on the sides and edges of the front and back of the paper bag.
- The front and the back of this bag are in different colors, but the stamping is the same. Cut a piece of the bright orange and pink papers a little smaller than the bag size. Stamp with Two Tone Gold Violet in a pattern of your choice along the edges. Let the stamp ink dry and glue one of the papers on each side of the bag.
- With the large zigzag scissors, cut the bright green and turquoise papers smaller than the previous papers. Stamp all over in a swirl pattern with the Two Tone Gold Violet. Let the stamp ink dry and glue onto bag. We matched the pink and green together and the orange and turquoise together.
- Cut a small square out of the colored vellum paper and place a single stamp image in the middle. Let dry and glue that to the center of the layers of paper on the bag.
- For the tag, stamp a swirl pattern all over in Black. Cut a piece of bright orange paper a little smaller than the tag. With alphabet stamps, stamp in Black “Happy Birthday” or some other message vertically along the outer sides of the orange paper. Stamp a line of hearts vertically between the words in the Two Tone Gold Violet. To tone down the stamping, we placed a strip of blue vellum just over the hearts.
- Attach the tag to the handle of the bag with some brightly colored ribbon.