Vintage Paper Flower Pot
By: Barbara Matthiessen for Beacon Adhesives
This small flower pot craft from Beacon Adhesives would make a perfect Mother's Day gift! Just fill this vintage paper flower pot with your mom's favorite flowers and you have an instant, handmade gift.
- Liquid Laminate
- Gem-Tac Glue
- Terracotta flowerpot & saucer (sample uses 5 1⁄2” X 4 1⁄2” pot and 5 1⁄2” saucer)
- Antique-looking collage paper of choice (Life’s Journey Stamp Collage Paper from K & Company was used)
- Paper or pages with botanical text/references.
- Pressed or skeletonized ferns
- Variety of white buttons (samples uses 63)
- Paintbrush, scissors
- Optional: if botanical pages are translucent or very thin, paint sides of pot and saucer with white acrylic paint before starting project.
- Brush a coat of LIQUID LAMINATE over pot and saucer surfaces, allow to dry.
- Tear botanical paper into random pieces to fit side of pot and saucer, using smaller pieces for saucer sides. But out 6 images from collage paper that suit the botanical theme.
- Brush more LIQUID LAMINATE onto sides of pot, a section at a time, and press paper pieces on top. Coat over pieces with LIQUID LAMINATE, smoothing paper to conform to the shape of the pot. Add collage images in the same manner. Repeat on saucer and allow all to dry.
- Turn saucer upside down and place pot on one side. Brush LIQUID LAMINATE in a wide area where you wish to place the first. Position ferns onto wet LIQUID LAMINATE and allow to dry. Repeat around the remaining areas of the pot and saucer. Apply another coat of LIQUID LAMINATE to all surfaces and dry.
- When LIQUID LAMINATE is dry, glue buttons to rims with GEM-TAC. Vary size of buttons as you glue.