Direct everyone to your garden oasis with this Secret Garden Sign from Plaid. Simple garden crafts like this are a great way to add some decorations and texture to even your outdoor display. You could also hang this sign inside as well.
- Plaid ® Wood Surfaces - Plaques - Arrow
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Classic Green, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Cinnamon, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Bark Brown, 2 oz.
- Plaid ® Stencils - Value Packs - Letter Stencils - 2" Wedding Day Alphabet
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Cardinal Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Vintage White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Mediums - Crackle Medium, 8 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Fresh Foliage, 2 oz.
- Plaid ® Wood Surfaces - Unpainted Layered Shapes - Snail
- Brush Basin or container for water
- Paper towels
- Foam plate for palette
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Paint daubers
- ¾” Flat brush
- No. 10 Flat brush
- No. 1 Liner brush
- White craft glue
- Arrow Sign – Basecoat entire arrow sign Cinnamon and allow to dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply color.
- When dry, apply a liberal coat of FolkArt Crackle Medium to top of arrow sign. Allow to dry.
- Paint Vintage White liberally over dried crackle medium in a slip slap motion. Do not over stroke as crackling will immediately begin.
- Snail – basecoat body Classic Green and swirl on shell Fresh Foliage. Allow to dry.
- Arrow Sign – stencil “G A R D E N” Cardinal Red. Shade lower half of each letter Bark Brown.
- Paint Cardinal Red daisies along the base of the sign. Paint a Cinnamon dot for the daisy center. Accent with Classic Green grass and leaves.
- Snail – Paint Vintage White stripes on the neck.
- Highlight the swirl with Wicker White and shade with Classic Green.
- Accent with Cardinal Red polka dots.
- Paint a Bark Brown eye and Cardinal Red cheek and smile.
- Paint the edge of the arrow sign a trim color of choice, Bark Brown, Cardinal Red, or Cinnamon.
- Attach the painted snail to the arrow sign using white craft glue.