"Garden Crafts" eBook
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Garden Crafts free eBook from FaveCrafts
Spruce up the garden for a happier yard!
As summer approaches, you might want to spruce up your garden with some decorative flower pots or painted watering cans. What better way to get the latest crafting ideas than by using our FREE Garden Craft eBook? Not only are these ideas decorative and fun, but they are a great way to help the environment. Personal gardens reduce the reliance on industrial farms, which use chemical fertilizers and more oil for transportation, contribute to plastic waste through packaging, and contribute to greater carbon emissions. Organic vegetables from the back garden simply taste better and help encourage people to eat better. In the spirit of this wonderful movement, we have put together this exclusive collection of our favorite garden crafts. We hope these ideas inspire you to start your own garden. Use recycled materials for some of these crafts and you’ll be an eco-goddess. Here are just a few of the ideas to make your garden a beautiful place.
Garden Crafts Table of Contents
In March, a team led by Michelle Obama began preparing a spot of land on the White House grounds for an organic vegetable garden. The garden will provide food for the first family and dinners at the White House, but will also help educate children about the importance of healthy, local food. Many are calling this project a “victory garden,” comparing it to Eleanor Roosevelt’s victory garden during World War II. Many homes during this time had a private victory garden when the war put a strain on food supplies. These gardens were also considered important for morale in the community. Like Michelle Obama, many people have once again embraced the concept of victory gardens. Personal gardens reduce the reliance on industrial farms, which use chemical fertilizers and more oil for transportation, contribute to plastic waste through packaging, and contribute to greater carbon emissions. Organic vegetables from the back garden simply taste better and help encourage people to eat better.
In the spirit of this wonderful movement, we have put together this collection of our favorite garden crafts. We hope these ideas inspire you to start your own victory garden. Use recycled materials for some of these crafts and you’ll be an eco-goddess.
We hope you enjoy reading and creating!
The Editors of FaveCrafts
- Fun With Terra Cotta Pots (pg. 7): At your next outdoor gathering, place these colorful terra cotta pots along the table as a centerpiece or in front of each guest as gifts to take home.
- Chalk Paint Garden Pots (pg. 9): Spruce up garden pots in minutes with a coat of chalkboard paint, compliments of Tiffany Windsor of Inspired at Home. These make quick and easy Mother's Day gifts or hostess gifts. Say "Happy Birthday" or "Thanks" with a bit of chalk.
- Floraled Flower Pot (pg. 15): Painted flower pots are fun to do as gifts or for an easy home decor project.
- Hugs and Kisses Pot (pg. 20): Plant one on your beloved this Valentine's Day with a painted candy jar or plant pot.
- Mom Flower Pot (pg. 22): Plant one on Mom with a painted, flower-embellished terra cotta pot for Mother's Day or just because.
- Painted Seashell Pots (pg. 26): Stenciled seashells bring summertime fun to your planters and decorative containers.
- Lollipop Plant Poke (pg. 28): Add a touch of fall and Halloween candy to your plants with a plant poke in lollipop colors.
- Pinwheel Jewelry Plant Stake (pg. 30): Translucent plastic, metal wire and teardrop beads create lovely, colorful garden stakes.
- Bee Garden Stake (pg. 32): Make your garden buzzworthy with the wiremesh bee garden stake.
- Butterfly Garden Stake (pg. 35): Create the Butterfly Garden Stake for your garden with Wireform.
- Garden Girl Plant Stake (pg. 38): Bring your garden to life with this copper girl plant stake.
- Terra Cotta Garden Turtle (pg. 47): Add this whimsical green turtle to your outdoor decor or garden with terra cotta saucers.
- Penny's Bench (pg. 49): This cheery bench will brighten your porch or sunroom!
- Pebbled Garden Decoration (pg. 51): You can purchase the pebbles or find smooth natural ones in your very own garden. These garden stone crafts make beautiful outdoor decorations that will endure all the elements. Great gift idea for a gardener.
- Floral Vegetable Storage Crates (pg. 53): Store everything from potatoes and other veggies to gardening supplies in these cheerful, colorful storage crates.
- Falling Leaves Mosaic Garden Stone (pg. 55): The brilliant display of the colorful embedded glass in this mosaic garden stepping stone reflects the amazing colors of autumn. You will fall in love with the beautiful fall pattern and texture of the mosaic project.
- Dragonfly Garden Stone (pg. 58): Make this pretty dragonfly stone for your own garden or give as a gift to your favorite gardener. A dragonfly mold and embossing enamel makes this project simple, but with lovely results.
- Cute Clay Turtles (pg. 60): These clay turtles are great for an outdoor decoration. They can also be used for the kids to enjoy. With few materials you can have your magic clay turtle done in no time.
You can easily download and print out each book for on-hand reference while crafting.
For help downloading our eBooks, read our help document here!
Be sure to check out our entire collection of eBooks. You'll find titles such as:
With your free copy of Garden Crafts, you can also subscribe to our Quick and Crafty newsletter to become part of the FaveCrafts community. In subscribing to the newsletter, you will receive:
- Weekly emails with free crafting patterns, tips, collection pages, videos and more + a weekly wrap-up.
- Chances to win books and products from our weekly giveaways and contests.
- New FREE patterns and eBooks made available to you throughout the year.
- Access to our free pattern library full of over 1,000 of free crafting patterns.
- The opportunity to share ideas and help others in the crafting community.
Filled with fabulous ideas for sprucing up the yard, Garden Crafts is a fabulous book for the DIY gardener. Complete with helpful tutorials, hints and tips, and useful information about gardening, you can learn how to make your yard a more pleasant place for you, your plants, and the animals who come to visit...and chances are, you'll never want to go back indoors!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
- Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws
- Jewelry for You! How to Make Handmade Beaded Bracelets and Necklaces
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- How To Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- Perfect for Christmas Gift Giving: 6 'Gift in a Jar' Ideas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- Creative Ideas for the Holiday Home
- 22 Summer Crafts for Kids
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Baby Love
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- How to Knit: Beginner Knitting Help and 7 Free Patterns
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Easter Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- How To Halloween: Projects from Bloggers
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Creative Crafting all Year Round: Crafts to Celebrate the Holidays
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Mother's Day Crafting: Blogger Edition
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Father's Day Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Beautiful Beads
- 20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
- Fun with Fabric Dye
- 24 Simple Scrapbooking Layouts
- Garden Crafts
- 42 Ways to Recycle
- 31 Cupcake Inspired Creations
- Project Ideas for All Occasions From Paper to Fabric
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- Sewing for Beginners
- Graduation Crafts
- DIY Wedding
- 33 Summer Wedding Ideas
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- Cheap Home Decor: Crafting with Paper
- Great Decor in a Flash Without a Lot of Cash
- Low-Cost Clothing Crafts
- Inexpensive Home Decor
- Cheap and Easy Crafts
- Low-Cost Kitchen Crafts
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Crafting With The Craftwell eCraft and eBosser: Scrapbooking, Paper Crafts, and So Much More
- 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter - The Ultimate Craft Guide
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers, & More
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- How to Make a Purse: 20 Patterns for Sewing Totes, Bags and More
- 17 Easy Crafts with Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Welcome to Our Home: Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart
- 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Dcor and More
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- How to Make Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- Thanksgiving Crafts
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas
- 24 Polymer Clay Tutorials: Polymer Clay Jewelry, Home Decor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects from DecoArt
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Idea
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Craft Ideas and Projects
- 38 Holiday Crafts: Holiday Decorating Ideas for Every Season
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing craft Ideas
- 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects: Jewelry, Gifts & Decorations for the Holidays
- Great Gift Ideas: Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How to Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions & Techniques
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How To Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions And Techniques
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bush Baby T-Shirt Craft
- Watermelon Tie Dye Design
- Dipped Shorts Tie Dye Technique
- Quirky Tie Dye Bracelet
- Frog Coin Purse
- Precious Panda Knit Hat
- Men's Woodsy Knit Cowl Pattern
- Chunky Funky One Day Blanket
- Sweet-ish Knit Hat Pattern
- How to Dye a Shirt with RIT Dye