Repeating background elements on this dreamy, painted frame are fast and easy.
DecoArt Products Required
Laurie Speltz's Instant Images
- IIT01 - 3/4 in. Flat Brush
- IIJ05 - Backgrounds Journal Template
- IIT06 - 3/8 in. Duo Tool
- IIT07 - 1/4 in. Duo Tool
- DAO44 - Desert Turquoise
- DA143 - True Ochre
- DA184 - French Vanilla
- DA255 - Bahama Blue
- Chipboard shape
- Metal word shapes
- Wooden square frame
- Base frame with Desert Turquoise and spatter with French Vanilla. Base chipboard shape with Bahama Blue; spatter and shade edge with Desert Turquoise.
- Place star template on frame. Pounce True Ochre for dark yellow stars. Repeat as needed to cover frame. Let dry.
- Align template to right and up from original placement. Pounce French Vanilla over for overlaid stars. Repeat as needed. Shade edges of stars with True Ochre.
- Use small stylus to create French Vanilla stars. Add dots with Bahama Blue.
- Attach metal words around frame as desired.
- Tie ribbons to chipboard and attach to frame.
- Refer to template and tools packages for additional information on template and tool usage and techniques.
- Overlay shapes to create depth and interest. Use larger duo tool for faster applications.