Treasure Tape is heavy-duty double-sided tape with a red liner. When you peel back the red liner the tape is clear. This enables you to use all kinds of fun background papers. You can use it everywhere, and it's acid-free.
- Wooden frame from Walnut Hollow
- 1 sheet Treasure Tape star shapes
- Treasure Tape 3/4" wide
- Diamond Beadlets® (clear micro beads)
- Kreinik Metallic Threads: #12 Braid in colors 033 Royal Blue,003HL, Red Hi Lustre, 032 Pearl White,002V Vintage Gold
- Paper: 2 2.5" x 4" pieces in Red & Blue (we used FiberMark)
- Shallow pan or tray
- Paint your wooden frame white and allow it to dry completely.
- Peel two large stars and three small stars from your sheet, and apply half to the blue paper and half to the red. Smooth with your fingers to remove any air bubbles.
- Peel the red liner off one of your stars. Decorate your star with the threads. (If outlining, it helps to begin on an inside curve). When finished, replace the liner. Press firmly to make sure your threads are secure. Move to the next star and repeat this process until all your stars are decorated.
- Remove the liner from your decorated stars and carefully pour beadlets over them (use a shallow pan or tray to catch the beads). Press gently to make sure all of each star is covered. Return your excess beadlets to their container.
- Cut out each of your decorated stars. Using the remaining tape shapes on your sheet, apply one shape to the back of each decorated star. Decide where you want to place each star and then peel the red liner from each shape and adhere the star to your frame.
- Peel part of the white liner from your long strip of Treasure Tape. Center your strip across the bottom of your frame. When you have the tape in position, peel off the rest of the white liner and press down your tape, working from one side to the other. Smooth out any air bubbles.
- Begin decorating your border with the rest of your threads. When finished, apply your beadlets as above.
Tips: When applying "stringy embellishments" like ribbon, embroidery threads and fibers to double-sided Treasure Tape, you can easily pull up the design and start again if you make a mistake or want to try a different design. When using red liner Treasure Tape it is best to cut with Teflon® coated scissors -- or use adhesive remover to wipe the residue off your scissors.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.