Follow Us on Facebook
Get updates from FaveCrafts.com posted directly to your News Feed.
Thanks for signing up!
Uncle Sam Sign
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Uncle Sam says "God Bless America" in this whimsical sign perfect for Independence Day or Americana home decor anytime. A pattern makes Uncle Sam easy to paint. For another Uncle Sam craft, check out this fun, painted Fireworks Tube.
DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gel Stains
2. Eyes are Dark Chocolate. Cheeks are drybrushed with Gooseberry Pink. Add a dot of White wash to each cheek.
3. Beard and mustache are White Wash shaded with Lt. Cinnamon.
4. With X-Acto knife, make lines in Uncle Sam's beard. Sand edges around all wood pieces, then antique with Oak Gel Stain. When dry, seal with Wood Sealer.
5. Use several strands of yarn about 13" long and loop from end to end several times. Tie a 13" strand of yarn around the middle of the other yarn and glue to Uncle Sam's face using hot glue or tacky glue.
2. Stripes are Rookwood Red shaded with Black Plum.
3. Hat brim is Deep Midnight Blue highlighted with White Wash.
4. Use wood glue to attach brim to hat.
2. Stripes are from inside to outside as follows: Rookwood Red stripe shaded with Black Plum. Sable Brown stripe shaded with Lt. Cinnamon. Deep Midnight Blue stripe shaded with Payne's Grey. White stripe along center section of the Blue.
3. Attach hangers to back of sign.
4. Use wood glue to attach Uncle Sam to sign as shown.
2. Lettering is done with Black.
3. Use wood glue to attach star to sign as shown.
Related Products to Buy from CutRateCrafts.com - save 15-30%
Top 4th of July Projects