A Star Spangled Coffee Server Set is a great idea for patriotic craft projects and home décor. Ceramic crafts like this project from I Love to Create make perfect DIY centerpieces for the American family dinner table. Make these DIY table decorations for the Fourth of July!
- Designer Glazes®
- C1 DG 201 Distressed Denim
- C1 DG 204 Natural Linen
- C1 DG 205 Crimson Chenille
- C1 DG 208 Khaki Canvas
- Dinnerware Bisque Designs
- C1 Star Mug 4.25" x 3" x 3.5"
- C1 Wavy Edge Plate 9.5" x 6" x 1"
- Signature Brushes
- C1 SB 802 No. 1 Liner
- C1 SB 806 No. 6 Round
- C1 SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
- C1 SB 812 No. 10 Round
- French Dimensions™
- C1 FD 270 French Delft
- Aluminum foil
- Contact paper
- Clay carbon
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Trace patterns on contact paper with clay carbon and pencil. Peel backing and place star on plate, pressing down firmly to avoid color from leaking underneath. Tape off lines with masking tape on bottom of mug.
- Using Liner and Round brushes as needed, apply 3 coats of each following color to designated areas (unless otherwise indicated). Let dry after each coat.
Natural Linen: some stripes at bottom of mug and small stars. Also apply 2 coats to stripes on plate.
Crimson Chenille: remaining stripes on mug and plate; inside of mug; rest of lines on plate. While the last coat is still slightly damp, use straight pin to lift corner of contact paper and gently peel off of plate.
Khaki Canvas: large star on mug, handle and bottom rim; and star on plate.
Distressed Denim: background of mug, edge around plate.
- Trace USA letters on plate with clay carbon and pencil.
- Outline letters and add random dots to star on lid and plate with French Delft. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire separated pieces to shelf cone 06.