Piggy Bank Stars for Boys
By: Chris Williams for Plaid
This Piggy Bank - Stars for Boys craft is perfect as a fourth of July children craft. Keep the kids busy and happy as they make these piggy banks together. They will learn social skills as they simultaneously express creativity.
- 4025 - FolkArt ® Enamels™ - Cobalt, 2 oz.
- 4060 - FolkArt ® Enamels™ Mediums - Flow Medium, 2 oz.
- 4001 - FolkArt ® Enamels™ - Wicker White, 2 oz.
- 4024 - FolkArt ® Enamels™ - Hydrangea, 2 oz.
- 4150 - FolkArt ® One Stroke™ Brushes - Brush Sets - Glass & Ceramics, Basic
- 4032 - FolkArt ® Enamels™ - Licorice, 2 oz.
- 28497 - Simply ® Stencils - Value Packs - Shapes
- Rubbing alcohol
- No. 2 Script Liner
- Brush Caddy or container for water
- Paper towels
- Pencil (if not using stencil – tracing paper)
- Foam plate
- Moisten a paper towel with rubbing alcohol. Wipe ceramic surface to remove dirt and grease film. Allow to dry.
- Using star stencil as a template, trace the star shapes onto surface using a pencil. For additional interest, be sure to overlap the stars.
Trace the star shapes onto a sheet of tracing paper using a pencil. Trace over the star pattern lines several times on the reverse side of the tracing paper. Flip the tracing paper over right side up; retrace the star pattern onto the piggy bank, transferring the star shapes.
- Using the 3/4" Flat and/or No. 12 Flat Brush, paint the stars opaque. The large star is Cobalt; paint the small star Hydrangea.
- Paint the nose and inside the ears Hydrangea.
- Shade these areas with Cobalt.
- Paint the feet Licorice using the No. 12 Flat Brush.
- Using the No. 2 Script Liner Brush loaded with Licorice and Flow Medium, paint a wiggle line outline around each of the stars. Outline the inner ear sections. Paint two vertical nostril lines. Paint two round Licorice eyes; add a Wicker White highlight.
- Be sure to sign your name when complete.
- FolkArt Enamels paints can be cured following either of these two methods: Baking or Air Drying.
- Let your piece dry for 1 hour to be sure all layers of paint have dried. Place piece in a cool oven. Set oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake project for 30 minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do not place glass in a hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off. Let glass cool completely in oven.
- Do not use for 72 hours.
Air Dry Method:
- Air dry the project for 21 days before use.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!