If you're looking for easy July 4th crafts, this Patriotic Paper Necklace by Carol Heppner is perfect, especially if you're searching for 4th of july crafts for kids! This patriotic necklace will be the perfect accessory to your Independence Day outfit!
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®, ILoveToCreate™
- Brochure paper, white
- Circle punch, 1/2”
- Computer & printer
- Jump rings, 6mm (9)
- Navy ribbon, 1/4 x 3” (8), 1/4 x 24” (2)
- Red cardstock, 6 x 6”
- Patriotic scrapbook paper
- Tulip® 3-D Fashion Paint™ Clear Gellies, ILoveToCreate™
- Tulip® Beads in a Bottle™, ILoveToCreate™, Gemstone
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up™ 4mm Crystals, ILoveToCreate™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up™ 4mm Studs, ILoveToCreate™
- Cut patriotic scrapbook paper into strips that measure 10 by 1/2-inches.
- Create eight 3/4-inch and 1/4-inch circles.
- Create two 1/2-inch circles with the circle punch.
- Create 1/4-inch fan folds with the 10 by 1/2-inch strip piece. Glue the ends together using Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®. Let the glue dry.
- Push the folded strip into the rosette shape and then glue one red circle to the back of rosette. Turn the rosette to the front side and glue one 3/4-inch circle to the center of the rosette. Glue the 1/4-inch circle over the 3/4-inch circle. Let the glue dry.
- Center and glue the 3-inch navy ribbon to the back of the rosette. Loop the left ribbon end to the center of the rosette and glue in place.
- Loop and glue the right ribbon end to the center of the rosette.
- Apply the glue over the ribbon and red circle and then place a second red circle over the glue and ribbon.
- Repeat steps 4-8 to create seven additional rosettes.
- Attach the rosettes together with the jump rings.
- Fold one 24-inch navy ribbon in half and tie it to the last jump ring on the left side of the necklace. Repeat this step to attach the remaining 24-inch navy ribbon to the right jump ring. The necklace is closed by tying a bow in the folded 24-inch ribbons.
- Embellishments: Apply the Gemstone Tulip® Beads in a Bottle™ randomly on some of the rosettes. Use the Tulip® 3-D Fashion Paint™ Clear Gellies to attach the Tulip® Glam-It-Up™ Crystals and the Tulip® Glam-It-Up™ Studs to some of rosettes. Let the paint and beads dry before wearing the necklace.