This 4th of July, eat your ice cream from a patriotic ice cream bowl and cone box from I Love to Create. These 4th of July craft ideas will satisfy your sweet tooth and your patriotic side.
- Dinnerware Bisque Designs--21446 Cereal Bowl 6.25" x 6.25" x 3.25"
- Home Decor Bisque Designs--21777 Ice Cream Cone Box 3.25" x 3.25" x 6.75"
- Duncan Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica--CN 502 Neon Blue, CN 507 Neon Red
- Clear Glazes--IN 1001 Envision Clear Glaze
- Signature Brushes--SB 802 No. 1 Liner, SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze, SB 812 No. 10 Round
- ¼”-wide masking tape
- 1”- wide masking tape
- Clay carbon
- Star stickers
- Aluminum foil
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Trace the scallop pattern and stripes around the bowl, using clay carbon and pencil.
- Place 1 star sticker in the center of each scallop and mask off around the bottom edge of the scallop lines with ¼”-wide tape. Press down firmly to keep paint from leaking underneath.
- Pour a puddle of Neon Red and Neon Blue on separate areas of foil. Use sponge to apply 3 coats of Neon Red to inside of bowl and Neon Blue to scallop area and rim of bowl. Let dry after each coat. Use a straight pin to lift one corner of each star sticker and tape, then gently peel off while the last coat is still slightly damp.
- Use the 1”-masking tape to mask off stripes by placing a strip of tape on each side of the stripe. Sponge on 3 coats of Neon Red to each stripe. Let dry between coats. Gently peel off tape while last coat is still slightly damp. Set aside and let dry completely.
- Pour Clear Glaze inside top and bottom of Ice Cream Cone Box, roll evenly to coat inside and pour out excess. Wipe off any drips with sponge.
- Place star stickers around top band of cone (at least 1” apart) and press down firmly.
- Using the No. 10 Round, apply 3 coats of Neon Blue to top band of cone, including rim. With straight pin, lift one corner of each star sticker and peel off while the last coat is still slightly damp.
- Using the No. 1 Liner, apply 2 coats of Neon Blue to raised grid cone lines on lower half of cone. Let dry.
- Fully load No. 1 Liner with Neon Red to outline the ice cream swirl line. Apply a second coat if necessary. Dip Liner brush handle in Neon Blue and touch to ice cream to create row of dots. Reload handle for each dot. Let dry.
- Apply 2 coats of Clear Glaze completely on bowl and to outside of Ice Cream Cone box and lid with No. 6 Fan Glaze. Let dry after each coat.
- Stilt and glaze fire separated pieces to shelf cone 06.