These colorful stars and stripes planters from Krylon are perfect for a patriotic party or any summer garden.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - White (#51315)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Regal Blue (#51901)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - True Blue (#51910)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Cherry Red (#52101)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - White (#51501)
- Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic - Clear (#1303)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - 18 KT. Gold (#9901)
- Epoxy glue
- Elmer's® Carpenter's Wood Filler
- 1" wide masking tape (low tack)
- Contact® paper
- (4) 6" terra cotta pots
- (2) 10" terra cotta pots
- Fine and medium grain sandpaper
- Tack cloth
- Following the manufacturer's instructions, use the epoxy glue to fasten the bottoms of terra cotta pots together. Refer to photo for placement. Let dry.
- Apply wood filler to the seams. Let dry. Sand the seams smooth, starting with medium grain sandpaper and finishing with fine grain sandpaper. Using tack cloth, remove dust.
- Spray each planter with White Primer. Let dry. Spray with Gloss White. Let dry.
- Cut various size stars from Contact paper. Set aside.
- Referring to photo, place the masking tape evenly around the top, middle and base of the pots (anywhere white stripes appear). Place several stars over the pot (wherever you want white stars to appear). Spray the planters Cherry Red. Let dry.
- Place masking tape over the red stripes. Referring to photo, place several stars over the pot (wherever you want red stars to appear). Spray the planters True Blue. Let dry.
- Referring to photo, place several stars over the pot (wherever you want blue stars to appear). Spray the planters Regal Blue. Let dry.
- Remove the tape and stars. Outline stripes and stars with 18 KT. Gold Leafing Pen. Let dry.
- Spray Crystal Clear over entire project. Let dry and fill with plants of your choice.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.