Follow Us on Facebook
Get updates from FaveCrafts.com posted directly to your News Feed.
Thanks for signing up!
Felt Star Napkin Rings
By: Kathy Beymer of MerrimentDesign.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Need a creative, crafty way to hold your napkins and silverware at your 4th of July party? Try these fourth of July felt and button star napkin rings! They are not only decorative, but they are also patriotic.
1. Cut blue rings
2. Cut blue strips 6″ wide x 1.5″ tall using a rotary cutter, clear fabric ruler and rotary mat.
3. Fold each strip in half and cut with a pair of scissors to make two blue rings.
4. Cut ring slits
5. Measure 1/2″ from the left side and cut a slit halfway through (so your slit will be half of the 1.5″ tall). Repeat on the right side, but make sure the slit is opposite like in the photo above.
6. Cut stars
7. Trace your star cookie cutter or freehand your own star shape onto the red felt and cut out. Use disappearing ink pen if you can; I am lazy and used a Sharpie so I just cut inside the lines to make up for it.
8. Cut one star for each ring.
9. Attach stars to ring with button
10. Place your star in the middle of the blue ring. Place a small button on top. I like making the buttons and stars off-center because it gives it more energy.
11. Using a needle and red embroidery thread, sew through the button, star and ring to secure. Tie a knot in the back.
12. Place on napkins
13. Roll your silverware in a napkin and secure the tabs to close the ring. As mentioned earlier, I used high-quality paper napkins and plastic silverware for the BBQ, so if you’re using fabric or silverware then you may need to make larger rings.
14. This is what the back will look like. Bring on the burgers!
Related Products to Buy from CutRateCrafts.com - save 15-30%
Top 4th of July Projects