This gorgeous bouquet from The New Image Group will never die because it's made of felt flowers! How to make this faux flower bouquet? Use out felt flower tutorial and you can make your own in no time.
- 4 sheets of 9 x 12 CPE Red Felt to make 60 cut red flowers
- 2 sheets of CPE Kelly Green Felt to make two 8 inch felt circles
- 3 sheets of 9 x 12 CPE Pirate Green Felt to make 60 small leaves
- 1 sheet of CPE Kelly Green Felt cut to 6” length x 2” for wrapping for spoon handle
- Small Container such as the glass used here
- Glue gun
- Small green beads
- Wood spoon
- Plastic store bags - for stuffing topiary
- Cut out all pattern pieces.
- Wrap and glue felt around spoon handle.
- Glue the edges of the two 8” circles together leaving open a space to stuff plastic bags into the circles. Let the glue cool and bond before stuffing.
- Stuff the circles with the plastic bags until they are full and tight, mounding in the center of the circle.
- Push the spoon top into the circle opening. Leave 6” of the handle exposed.
- Glue the remaining opening of the circle together and around the spoon handle. Let the glue cool and cure.
- Start on the outside edge of the circle and continue in a circle pattern gluing the red flowers onto the 8” circle finishing in the center of the circle. Finish one side before proceeding to remaining side. Glue only the center of the flower to the circle base.
- Glue your leaves in a random pattern in the flowers on each side of the circle.
- Glue your small beads in the center of each flower center.
- Line the side of the glass container with leaves or shredded felt. Place a large amount of glue in the bottom of you glass or container, fill about ½" deep with hot glue. The sample glass used measures 2"x2"x3" tall.
- Place your spoon handle into the center of the container. Secure handle in position until the glue is cool and cured. Place more glue up onto the handle at the bottom spoon base. You can add more shredded felt to cover.
- If using a container that is not glass, you can use spray foam insulation to glue the topiary into place. Secure the topiary stem into place until the glue cures.
- Use different flowers for the seasons.
- Hand wash. Or spot clean with a damp cloth. Do not dry in dryer.