ABC Wood Blocks
By: The New Image Group
These abc wood blocks from The New Image Group make a fun craft for classroom decor, every teacher will love it. This free felt pattern is versatile and practical for the kids.
- Quick Dry Craft Glue
- Suncatcher Stain- Assorted Colors
- 26 2" Wood Square Blocks
- 9 x 12 Stick-It Felt Sheets- Assorted Colors
- 9 x 12 Soft Felt Sheets- Assorted Colors
- Letters Template
- Begin by staining your wood blocks. Use your suncatcher stain and paintbrush and brush on the stain similar to if you were painting. You can have a different color on each side or do each block a different color.
TIP: It may be beneficial to stain a block at a time so you can figure out the layout for each letter as the stain dries.
- While the blocks dry, begin the process of cutting out the pieces for each block. You will be covering all 6 sides of the block using things associated to the letter on that block. We chose to use upper and lower case letters for 2 sides of the block. Our block layout is show in the images below.
- Begin by cutting out the letters of the block from theLetters Template from your Stick-It Felt Sheets.
- Next, cut out the various items associated with that letter from Stick-It and Soft Felt. Here are a list of suggestions by letter to help inspire you:
A: Apple, Acorn, Arrow, Ampersand, Alligator, Airplane, Addition, Asleep
B: Ball, Brown, Bee, Bone, Backpack, Baby, Balloon, Blue
C: Car, Clover, Candle, Corn, Cactus, Camouflage, Clock, Caterpillar
D: Dog, Daisy, Diamond, Dice, Dolphin, Dragon, Dragonfly, Drink
E: Earth, Eye, Exclamation Point, Elephant, Egg, East, Ear, Ear Muffs
F: Face, Fan, Farm, Feather, Fire, Feet, Fish, Flag
G: Green, Garbage Can, Gecko, Ghost, Gift, Giraffe, Gingerbread Man, Glove
H: Hairbrush, Hamburger, Hammer, Hand, Hat, Heart, Home, Hot Dog
I: Ice, Ice Cream Cone, Ivy, Insect, Igloo, Idea, Icicle, Ice Skate
J: Juice, Jester, Jellybeans, Jellyfish, Jeans, Jar, Jacks, Jack-O-Lantern
K: Kayak, Key, Keyboard, Kite, Knot, Koala, Knife, Kangaroo
L: Ladder, Ladybug, Lightning, Lamp, Lion, Laundry, Lemon, Light Bulb
M: Music, Mushroom, Mummy, Monkey, Monster, Mitten, Magnet, Mail
N: Nut, Nose, Nail, Necktie, Nest, No, Night, North
O: Orange, Oar, Octagon, Olive, Oval, Owl, Octopus, Ocean
P: Purple, Paintbrush, Palette, Palm Tree, Panda, Paper Clip, Peanut, Pumpkin
Q: Question Mark, Queen, Quarter, Quotation Marks, Quart, Quail, Quilt, Quiver
R: Red, Ruler, Rowboat, Ring, Rabbit, Rainbow, Recycle, Rocket
S: Sailboat, School Bus, Sea Horse, Sheep, Shoe, Sky, Smile, Star
T: Triangle, Tornado, TV, Turtle, Tree, Train, Treasure Chest, Tooth
U: Umbrella, Unicorn, Utensils, USA, Up, Unicycle, Under, Underline
V: Vegetable, Violin, Vine, Vest, Vase, Van, Vacuum, Vacation
W: White, Wagon, Wand, Walrus, Watch, Watermelon, Wave, Witch
X: X-Ray, Xylophone, Multiplication Sign, Create an X Mosaic, Make a character
out of the letter X named Xavier
Y: Yellow, Yarn, Yak, Yam, Yard, Yardstick, Yawn, You (put a picture of your child
here or a reflective material to create a mirror)
Z: Zebra, Zig Zag, Zipper, Zoo, Zucchini, Zeppelin
- Now enjoy spending time sharing each letter with your child and class!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts